If you’re tired of waiting for your computer to boot up or your application programs to load, then you may think of having a SSD(Solid-State Drive) for your machine.
A Brief About SSD
As we all know, computer needs memory to store, process and retrieve data. Thus, there are mainly two types of memory HDD and SSD.
- HDD– Stands for “Hard Disk Drive” which uses magnetic-based system. The computer comes with internal hard drives of various capacities.
- SSD-Stands for “Solid State Drive” which is kind of flash drive but of much larger concept. The data here is stored in cluster of memory and can also be mounted within the system or server. As the name suggest, the drive does not have any moving parts, thus are less prone to mechanical failure.
How SSD Can be useful?
- Faster loading of applications;
- Reliable data backup solution;
- Can be accessed easily using a USB cable just as a flash drive;
- Puts less load on the system and enable multitasking;
- High-performance for gaming and so on..
Now that SSD is more affordable than ever, you should consider getting one for your computer machine, but it may not quite familiar for you to migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD. That’s the problem that MiniTool partition wizard is designed to solve.
Data loss is a major issue with hard disk drive which may occur due to sudden system crash, virus attack or so. Thus, can check out ways to Recover Lost or Deleted Files from RAW Disk on Windows OS.
Moving towards our main subject, that is Windows 10 To SSD Without Reinstalling. In case Windows 10, is installed on a regular hard disk, users can migrate Windows 10 system to new SSD by copy the system drive with the help of disk manage software.
If you are looking for a free method to completely migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD or clone Windows 10 to SSD, MiniTool Partition Wizard Free can be the best choice for you.
How to Migrate Windows 10 to SSD with MiniTool Partition Wizard Free
With the MiniTool Partition Wizard, it allows resize partition/recover lost partition/rebuild MBR/clone disk/migrate OS and do many more. If you need to migrate Windows 10 to SSD, try out this software.
- The first you should prepare the SSD as the destination disk and connect it to your computer.
- Run MiniTool partition wizard for Windows 10 clone hard drive to SSD. You will then see all the hard drives listed here from your PC. And then select “Migrate OS to SSD/HD” from the “Wizard” menu in the left.
- Select one method for Windows 10 transfer to SSD.
Please note: Just choose one mode according to your need in order to migrate windows 10 to SSD from two migration modes provided. If you would like to replace system disk with SSD, choose the first mode. The function of this mode is the same as “Copy Disk” feature for MiniTool partition wizard. Some of you may ask the question of : how to only migrate Windows 10 to SSD without reinstalling system? Here, the second mode is suitable since it can copy only the system required partitions to a new hard drive or SSD.
- Select someone of destination disk.
Select to transfer Windows 10 to new hard drive like SSD. please note that all the data of the destination disk will be deleted during the migration. Thus, please make sure the disk doesn’t contain important files.
- Review the changes.
Choose one of copy mode, “Fit partitions to entire disk” or “Copy partitions without resizing“. Moreover, please check “Align partitions to 1MB” to your SSD. If you want to use GPT as the partition system of your SSD, please check “Use GUID Partition Table for the target disk” . In the next, you can check all the changes you have made.
- Read the boot note here.
- Apply all changes.
Execute the OS migration by hitting the “Apply” button and complete all the entire operation..
Now, you have learned a lot of knowledge on how to move Windows 10 to SSD. We think this article features everything you need to know easily.