Guidelines For A Secure Online Transaction
As online market is growing rapidly so as the people are depending more on online payments and transactions. Online transaction had made our lives easier as they are quick and time saving.
Now we can send and receive money around the world through online payment gateways and overseas money transfer methods. Also online shopping is another major factor that has encouraged people for online transactions.
Although the payment gateways are secured with end-to-end encryption and goes with various security levels. But still the criminal minded people and hackers are constantly working to breach the security levels and steal your money or account details for monetary frauds.
So, it is very important for all of us to stay alert and cautious while doing any kind of online transactions.
Here are some points to take care of while doing any online transaction.
- Do not use public WiFi to do any kind of online transactions. Keep your WiFi connection at home secured with strong password and keep updating them within 3-6 months.
- Choose random characters for creating strong password that include alphanumeric characters as well as symbols. Never use any personal-identifiable information as your password like date of birth, your name or even any other names of your family members. Also do not keep same password everywhere.
- Use updated firewall and real-time protection for your devices like computer, desktop, smartphone, notepad and so on.
- Always up-to-date your software and banking apps to keep it bug free.
- Never share your password or PIN to anyone over the phone, SMS, social media. Also never tell your OTP if you get any phone call that asks you for that. As no any bank or online payment gateways asks for your confidential password.
- If you are getting redirecting to any unknown webpage at the time of online transaction then, quickly close it. As it just a cloned website designed by hacker to attempt stealing your money.
- Instead of going through third-party website links for online transaction use your browser to find the official web page and then go to the page.
- Never use an infected device for performing online transactions. Also ever save your bank logins to any device. If your device like laptop/PCs or smartphones are infected with virus then, quickly run a system scan to detect and remove it.
- Always perform online transaction from your home computer or smartphone. Avoid doing it from any cafe or any other public place. Even in case of emergency if you do so, then never save the password and delete the browsing history, clear cache and cookies from the device. And for preventive measure change your password as soon as possible.
- Always be careful for fraud calls, SMS or emails that tricks you of claiming any prize or jackpot and so on. As you end up losing all your money.
By following these do’s and don’ts you can secure your online transactions.