Zeus virus is detected as a hazardous banking trojan infection that was used to collect banking information from the infected systems. Since this trojan threat is active since 2007 and is managed to infect billions of systems to earn huge revenue. Thus various cyber criminals are using the fake ZEUS virus pop-ups and warnings and earn money. This malware can haunt any user as it is a severe banking trojan and it is easy for cyber offenders to cheat users with fake tech support warnings.
Zeus virus is also detected by different names and variants that make their profit by tech support scams as “ZEUS virus Detected”. Infected systems are prompted or redirected to malicious pages that tries to convince users that their computer is infected with Zeus virus. And the users need to immediately call on the provided tech support number for assistance. The warnings may differ and they are all fake and have the same motive to cheat users and make money out of it.
The following are the examples of “ZEUS virus Detected” Scams:
- “You Have A ZEUS Virus. Call for support”
- “Windows Detected ZEUS Virus”
- “Windows Defender Alert: Zeus Virus”
- “Security Update Error: Zeus virus”
- “Your System Has Detected Zeus Virus.”
You must not believe in such warnings although they try to appear to be legit by using the appearance and logos of Windows and Microsoft. These are just scam pop-up warnings designed by cyber criminals to extort money from you.
Windows or Microsoft or any other legitimate programs never shows such type of alerts. Another thing which you must know about Zeus banking trojan virus that it is already been detected and stopped by security experts. But however, some cyber criminals have managed to crack its code and using it to mislead users. It means your computer may not actually be infected with Zeus virus.
So, you should never click or do any recommended actions on these scam pages.
Zeus virus infiltration Sources:
But then you must have an question why then i am getting these pop-ups. This is because of any Adware infection that is being used to spread the ZEUS scam. So if you don’t want to get scammed then you must ignore those messages. And quickly find the permanent removal solution for the fake ZEUS virus scam and its pop-ups.
Zeus virus and its variants are typically being distributed through fake updates, spam email attachments and bundle freeware downloads.
- The fake updated pop-ups like “Your Flash Player could be out of date”, which appear while trying open any game or watch video online on infected pages. If user click on the update button, the virus gets installed silently on the system.
- Second is Spam mail attachments that are laden with the payloads of the virus. However the mails appear to be from a legitimate source like any invoice, job offer or mails from higher authority. It is obvious for any one to quickly click on it to download the attachment. The point you click the payloads of the virus gets downloading the actual virus. And hence your system gets the infection.
- And the last but not the least is the malvatising means clicking on fake ads and sponsored links which might attract you with offers and discounts. But is actually the harmful code hidden inside.
Like i said it is not the least, so you must also avoid visiting adult sites, pirated movie downloads, hack codes of games and viral links and messages on social networking sites.
Zeus virus destructive actions:
As your system hit by ZEUS virus, it initiates its malicious activities as it is capable to modify crucial system settings like Registry, Task manager, Auto-start programs and many such. Thus each time user restarts its compromised system the virus gets active in the background as collect all personal and financial information like credit card details, email address, bank account info, contacts and many more. The harmful trojan also able to make changes to the configuration files of its toolkit which enables its author to gather any kind of information about the individual. ZEUS banking trojan uses the C&C server to contact to its authors to send and receive instructions.
Along with stealing financial data, the ZEUS trojan carry out other strange activities without the permission of users like:
- Downloading unknown program and files
- Modifying or deleting system files;
- Reboot or shutdown the system;
- Using the CPU resources to mine for cryptocurreny;
These activities slowly affects the system’s performance. So before you lose all your monetary information and your system goes totally out of the control. Quickly remove ZEUS virus or any of its varient hosting inside your system.
How to Remove Zeus virus from infected device?
Trojans program does a lots of changes to the host machine to silently executes lots of activities within background. It also downloads and installs other malware which is difficult find manually as it may appear to be legitimate program file but it could be actually a Zeus virus or a malware.
Find below the quick removal solution to get rid of Zeus virus and its associated programs.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with Zeus virus then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove Zeus virus (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- SpyHunter 5 groups your scan results into categories determined by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in SpyHunter’s “Quarantine.” If at any time, you would like to restore a previously removed object(s), you can do so through SpyHunter’s “Restore” feature. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove Zeus virus ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Manually Killing the malicious processes, disabling suspicious programs and then removing the remaining virus and its traces by scanning.
- Step 2: Remove Trojan Virus Using System Restore Procedure.
- Step 3: Download effective antivirus program and scan your computer to ensure successful removal of Trojan threat.