“You Have Won (1) Google Gift Today” Pop-up Scam.
“You have won (1) Google gift today” are fake pop-ups managed by group of online scammers to trick users. The message claims that the user have won a gift/prize from Google. And in order to claim the reward, user has to complete a quick survey.
But in doing so, user is redirected to unknown pages that may ask for personal details and even credit card info. Many times, users are cheated by registering/subscribing for any fake services. Not only that, the data entered to such phishing pages could also be misused.
If you are getting “You have won (1) Google gift today”, then you must know that it does not any concerns with Google. The scammers are imitating to be a genuine one and uses various social engineering ways to scam users.
How “Windows Security has been Compromised” spread:
“You have won (1) Google gift today” pop-ups either spreads through malicious links that takes the form of attractive ads or any fake extension(Adware) has been mounted on your web browser. Adware are usually bundled along with other freeware programs which users download from unverified sources or fake download links. Click here to know in detail about Tech scam and how it spreads.
More details about “Windows Security has been Compromised” scam
Once the browser is infected with sort of Adware, it modifies various settings of the browser to forcibly redirect the new tab to phishing sites showing “You have won (1) Google gift today” kind of message.
The page appears as:
The full message “You Have Won (1) Google Gift Today” states:
“Dear Google user,
You have won (1) Google gift today
Congratulations user! We are celebrating 1 BILLION hours of YouTube watched per day, and you are 1 of the 10 users we have selected today to claim a FREE $1,000 Walmart Gift Card!
This is our way of saying Thank You for being a loyal YouTube user!” after “Answer our questions below to claim your gift card!
Answer our questions below to claim your gift card!
Important: Hurry, only 3 prizes remaining!
How often do you visit Youtube?
Multiple times a day
Multiple times a week
Multiple times a month”
The message seems to be very tempting as it is rewarding walmart gift card worth $1,000. However, the reward offered can be vary like Free iPhoneX, Samsung Galaxy or MacBook Pro. But the motive behind this is to collects your personal information including name, address, phone number, email and so on. Later it tries to convince users to subscribe for any service by paying $5/week or so.
Even if you follow all the instructions of “You have won (1) Google gift today” message, at the end you will lose your money, time and valuable information.
Why you should remove “You Have Won (1) Google Gift Today” virus
The Tech Scam pop-ups and web sites are managed by group of cyber criminals that cheat users into installing their fake tools, cheat money and even allow remotely access your computer system and collect all data. These pop-ups will continue to bother you with constantly locking your browsing screen. However, as said earlier, this is just a scam that is trick to fool users and earn money. Never call or click any provided link on this page.
Its presence can also raise other serious issues like browser crash down, drop other suspicious program that will show unexpected pop-ups, browser hijacking and performance slowdown. In this article we have provided the complete removal instructions for this scary threat. For quick removal click on the “Download Now” button and get rid of “Windows Security has been Compromised”.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with “You have won (1) Google gift today” then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove “You have won (1) Google gift today” (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- SpyHunter 5 groups your scan results into categories determined by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in SpyHunter’s “Quarantine.” If at any time, you would like to restore a previously removed object(s), you can do so through SpyHunter’s “Restore” feature. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove “You have won (1) Google gift today” ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Boot your Computer to “Safe Mode With Networking“
- Step 2: Remove Suspicious Programs from Browsers
- Step 3: Removing “You have won (1) Google gift today” Popup virus from Operating System
- Step 4: Cleaning temporary files and removing unwanted programs left within task manager
- Step 5: Restrict Browser To Open The Tech Scam Page.
- Step 6: Running Full System Scan
You should not skip the full system scan step. As even if you don’t perform the manual steps for removing the Adware, running system scan will automatically detect and remove the threat. Security experts always recommend to do deep system scanning if you are not a technically sound person. All the steps mentioned above needs a good knowledge of system utilities, so if anything goes wrong it will hamper your device.