What is Wise Search
Wise Search is an Adware that attempts to control the web browsers. This program comes along with bundled freeware downloads. Once entered, it changes the default browser settings like homepage and search engine redirects to “blpsearch.com”.
This installs on your browser as a form of extension that user may accidentally download by clicking any ad-supported link. Thus users may not know how and exactly when this Adware got installed. Since then, you may have to face various troubles.
This article will inform you about complete details of Wise Search Adware and guide you to safely remove this nasty program from your computer.
How Wise Search can enter to my computer
Wise Search is one of the freeware that bundles along with other program available within the third-party download sites. We categorize this program as an Adware because it comes in the form of fake extension. But as soon as it successfully installs on the target computer, it does various changes to the web browsers.
Most affected browsers are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. But it can attack any other browser. You should check a look to the installed extensions quickly. If you don’t know how to remove extensions, then find below.
You should be very careful while downloading any extension to the browser, better to avoid any redirect or sponsored ads to download any extensions. Because it can be fake. Wise Search removal is not easy, by just disabling the extensions, it will appear again from the files and registries created by the program.
Lets know more about Wise Search functionalities.
How it can affect your browser
If Wise Search is active on your browser, then it also acts like a browser hijacker, similar to ListenToRadio. They are able to change the homepage and search engine to blpsearch.com without your permission.
Thus, all your searches will be carried by third-party engine that may not be safe. Here is the full analysis done to this fake search engine.
This is the page you may be seeing on your browser.
Let’s start a search on it, it first send the data to multiple websites and finally present the search results using Yahoo search engine. Although yahoo is a legitimate search service, but browser hijacker programs uses it to mislead users and drop their sponsored links within the searches.
If you click any of the results, it will not provide you any good information, rather than take you to some third-party website. Like the page below, you can see it is fully loaded with advertisement links. It is extremely not safe to click.
So, I won’t be clicking them any more. It seems too weird to click, they will start downloading any potentially harmful program.
Wise Search Adware is meant to collect browsing information of users like visited URL, search keywords, IP address and many other info. These collected data are sent to its main server and fetch more advertisements to display. This can risk your privacy and also make way for other harmful program to intrude inside.
If you have accidentally installed Wise Search Adware and don’t know the get rid of it, then you have to the right place.
How To Remove Wise Search Hijacker?
Browser hijackers are designed in such a way that don’t allow users to reset their settings back. As they also alter system settings that launches the extension each time user opens it browser. You may face trouble uninstalling such extension or its homepage from the browser, as it configures system settings, add registry entries and creates task scheduler that runs its program within the background. This makes the manual removal a tricky process.
Thus, here is both the manual and automatic removal solution provided to help get rid of Wise Search hijacker.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove Wise Search (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs. It uses advance threat detection method to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
Besides that, it provides 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks. Thus, keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer add an extra security layer.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter 5
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for Wise Search and other associated programs.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result about Wise Search along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- Once you have found Wise Search as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on “Next“. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. It has a “Select All” feature that allows to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9).
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
Remove Wise Search browser hijacker Manually
To Manually Remove Wise Search browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
Step1: Remove Wise Search extension And Homepage from the web browsers
To Remove Wise Search related Extension follow the steps:
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for Wise Search related extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- In the Settings page, under Appearance Tab, check the Show Home Button box.
- Remove the Wise Search homepage address.
- Type in your favorite homepage URL as default home page.
- Next click on “Manage Search Engine”.
- It will show all search engines installed, select the one which appears to be virus or suspicious.
- To remove it, click on the three dots, choose “Remove from list;
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check for Wise Search;
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- Again open main menu. And select “Options” then switch to the “General Tab” and reset the default homepage or simply go to URL “about:preferences#home”.
- You can simply “Restore Defaults” or set your custom homepage. follow the below image.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select Wise Search or other Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
- On the same very window, click on “Search Providers”;
- You will see the list of search engines, choose the ones which you like to “set as default”;
Step 2: Reset web browsers
To Remove Wise Search homepage from web browsers, it is better to reset the browsers one-by-one. These are the separate guide designed to reset the browsers to its default settings. And also contains Advanced browser settings, so that these stuffs don’t bother you again.
Step 3: Uninstall Wise Search/ suspicious program from your computer
- In the taskbar, click on the “Search” icon. And Type “Apps And Features;”
- When the “Apps And Features” window opens, you can see the list of applications installed;
- Go through it carefully and search for Wise Search or other apps that looks suspicious to you. If you don’t remember to install yourself;
- If you find such, click on it to expand; And click on “Uninstall”.
- Repeat for all such apps.
If the program does not allow you to remove it, or says the program is running in the background. Then you need to first finish the task from the task manager.
How To End A Task From Task Manager
- Press “Window key+ R” and type “taskmgr”.
- Now once the task manager window opens, perform these steps:
- Under the process tab, check for the suspicious program still running;
- If you find it, right click on the name and select “Open file location”;
- Then click on “End Task”;
- Now go to the file location window opened and select the program and delete that file.
Now, follow the above steps to uninstall the suspicious program from your system.
Step 4: Scan your computer for complete removal of Wise Search.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Wise Search Adware.
Remove Wise Search using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat. Including crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
Thus, running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
This is the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove Wise Search browser hijacker. But you should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. So, always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
Most often, these bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Therefore, it is better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hopefully, you may find this article helpful.