Watch out for fake Win-advisor.com Pop-ups saying “Your Mcafee subscription has expired”…
Win-advisor.com is a scamming webpage that may appear unexpectedly on your browser. This phishing page displays a full page message stating that the McAfee Antivirus subscription of the user has been expired. And they need to renew it as soon as possible to keep their system protected.
However, “Your Mcafee subscription has expired” warning by Win-advisor.com is fake and nowhere associated with McAfee. This is a just a social engineering way to trick users and earn money. They are not from any genuine source nor they are willing to renew your McAfee Antivirus subscription. The sole aim of Win-advisor.com pop-up warning is to make money by frauds.
How “Windows Security has been Compromised” spread:
If you are seeing pop-ups from Win-advisor.com that means your system is infected with Adware. Adware is distributed as bundled freeware programs that does not disclose the full information of their installation package. Other sources also including random ads and phishing links which when unknowingly clicked by user may redirect to Win-advisor.com scam webpage. It is very important for the users to know how exactly the Tech scam ecosystem works.
First and foremost sign of browser infected with any Adware is the strange behavior of the browser like altered new tab, homepage and search engine. Each time you request for any URL, the infection will forcibly redirects users to Win-advisor.com page.
More details about “Windows Security has been Compromised” scam
After the browser is hit by any Adware, users may encounter Win-advisor.com redirect popup appearing again and again while browsing. The pop-up tends to be genuine as it imitates to be from the “Windows Security Center” and further claims of the McAfee Antivirus subscription which has expired on 1 October, 2018 (the date may change accordingly as it is a scam designed to cheat users).
The landing page may appear like:
The warning states that:
“McAfee subscription expired on October 1, 2018
Your subscription to McAfee Total Protection for Windows has expired.
Renew McAfee Total Protection 2018 for Windows
If your devices are unprotected, they are at risk for viruses and other malware. Renew now to maintain your protection.”
Users are advised not to fall in its tricks and do not click on the “renew” button as it will take you to a phishing payment page asking you to pay a handsome amount as renew charge. But is not going to do the renewal. Rather providing your credit card details can be a huge risk.
If you had already paid to “Your MCAfee subscription has expired” by Win-advisor.com, then immediately contact your credit/debit card providers and block the payment. Also you need to change the security pin of your card to avoid any further frauds.
Why you should remove Win-advisor.com virus
Win-advisor.com is a tech scam virus that is managed by group of cyber criminals with the sole aim to cheat users into installing their fake tools, earn money and even allow remotely access your computer system and collect all data. “Your Mcafee subscription has expired” pop-ups will continue to bother you with constantly hamper your browsing screen. However, as said earlier, this is just a scam that is trick to fool users and earn money. Never call or click any provided link on this page.
Its presence can also raise other serious issues like browser crash down, drop other suspicious program that will show unexpected pop-ups, browser hijacking and performance slowdown. In this article we have provided the complete removal instructions for this scary threat. For quick removal click on the “Download Now” button and get rid of “Windows Security has been Compromised”.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with Win-advisor.com then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove Win-advisor.com (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- SpyHunter 5 groups your scan results into categories determined by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in SpyHunter’s “Quarantine.” If at any time, you would like to restore a previously removed object(s), you can do so through SpyHunter’s “Restore” feature. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove Win-advisor.com ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Boot your Computer to “Safe Mode With Networking“
- Step 2: Remove Suspicious Programs from Browsers
- Step 3: Removing Win-advisor.com Popup virus from Operating System
- Step 4: Cleaning temporary files and removing unwanted programs left within task manager
- Step 5: Restrict Browser To Open The Tech Scam Page.
- Step 6: Running Full System Scan
You should not skip the full system scan step. As even if you don’t perform the manual steps for removing the Adware, running system scan will automatically detect and remove the threat. Security experts always recommend to do deep system scanning if you are not a technically sound person. All the steps mentioned above needs a good knowledge of system utilities, so if anything goes wrong it will hamper your device.