What is WebMonitor RAT? Why is it on my computer? Is it a virus? What can it do the target computer? You must know about WebMonitor RAT and its activities.
What is WebMonitor RAT?
The WebMonitor is a Remote Access Tool developed by a software company known as Revcode. The Revcoda is based in Stockholm, Sweden. This is a legitimate tool that allows businesses give remote support to their clients using this. It is advertised as helpful Remote Access Tool that supports all the versions of Windows OS including XP. Its other features including no port-forwarding and can be easily administered via a mobile, PC or even tablet. The remote software tool can also be launched from web browser.
But like other RAT services: NetSupport Manager and Beendoor, it is also being exploited by cyber criminals to illegally access the target computers and run various harmful campaigns. It can be used to deploy crypto-miners that uses the CPU and GPU resources of the system to mine for digital currency. The target computer can be also be used in generating fake traffic, bot attacks and DDoS attacks services.
WebMonitor RAT Can Be Exploited For Nefarious Actions
As the WebMonitor RAT software allows the execution of various operations of the remote PC, it is well exploited by the cyber attackers to do numerous illegal actions. The remote access tool can be used for the following purposes by the cyber criminals:
- Record keystrokes, record audio and videos and take screenshot of the desktop by starting the webcam.
- Change registry entries and boot settings to launch various background processes.
- Extract System related information and execute Shell scripts;
- Track online and offline activities including logins, browsing history and other data stored on the device.
- Allow the attackers to find, modify and delete data on the remote computer.
Many security experts have suspected the WebMonitor RAT software being illegally exploited by the cyber attackers worldwide. If you have encountered this tool on your computer and you don’t remember it install it yourself, then it might be dropped along with illegal means. The malicious version of this tool is being distributed through We suspect there may be threat actors already exploiting the WebMonitor torrent file downloads, pirated software, fake crack codes of games and by other potentially harmful program.
These can silently configure WebMonitor RAT on your device that can be remotely controlled by any hacker to use it for illegal purposes. Thus, you need to perform quick scan to your infected computer to remove WebMonitor RAT. And restore your previous security and privacy settings.
How to Remove WebMonitor RAT Trojan
The removal process of WebMonitor RAT Trojan is tough like any other virus. It can leave you puzzled as it does too many modifications to the system internal settings. This may take enough time and patience to do it manually. That even may not ensure you complete removal.
For our readers to understand, we have put our best possible solution that can help to remove this threat. But we suggest you to only try this if you are familiar with system configurations, registries keys and its subkeys values and also boot settings.
While performing the manual solution, be enough cautious and if you get confused at any point of time, them leave it and take the help of powerful anti-malware program to detect and remove the virus. This will not only ensure safe removal of WebMonitor RAT Trojan but also restore default system settings.
To Remove WebMonitor RAT Trojan, follow these steps:
The manual steps below contains the instructions separately to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions. Or you can open it from another uninfected computer or laptop. And follow step-by-step manual removal instruction: Windows OS PDF Guide.
Step 1:Remove WebMonitor RAT Trojan From WindowsOS
Step 2: Remove WebMonitor RAT Using System Restore Procedure. (Advanced option)
Step 3: Remove WebMonitor RAT Trojan using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Step 4: System Restore Procedure
- After Removal of WebMonitor RAT Trojan, it is important to restore the damages done by it. As it attacks windows registry to add its keys and values to execute as the system starts. All these keys may help the program to regenerate its codes. To repair the registry and restore to its previous state, we recommend the “Reimage Tool“, that cleans all the traces of threat and fix all windows errors.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Keep a secure firewall for the system. This will help block any unwanted internet connections to your device.
- Do not open spam mail attachments from unknown sender. This is the common way through which malicious programs intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.