WebmailWorld-is an ad-supported toolbar that controls the whole browser and push advertisement links. This guide will assist to dig deep about this unwanted program and help you with its removal.
What is WebmailWorld?
WebmailWorld is a browser extension that can added to all sorts of browsers as a useful tool. It claims to have features of accessing email account straight from the homepage. Also promises to deliver improved search capabilities. But like OnlineWorkSuite, this toolbar is also developed by “Mindspark Interactive“. That does various unwanted changes to the entire functionality of the browser.
- Change homepage and New Tab to “WebmailWorld New Tab“.
- Substituting any third-party search engine instead of your default one.
- Loads unknown toolbars, extensions and automatically save bookmarks to the top menu.
Thus, whenever you use your browser, you may see WebmailWorld New Tab as default homepage. Although, it may appear like any other legit homepage. But it is worth saying that, it is an Adware cum browser hijacker program that is designed to track the surfing habits of users and use them to fetch advertisements.
WebmailWorld Adware will never provide you with useful information. Rather loads to various promotional links and also pop-ups lots of adverts that can lead to serious issues.
- It redirects to third-party website that may not be safe.
- Place hyperlinked ads within the web pages and search results.
- Often recommend the download of other Potentially harmful program.
- Collect and send the browsing details to other advertisers.
These happens without user’s consent. Thus, you must not trust WebmailWorld browser hijacker. And quickly remove it from the affected system.
Browser hijackers are distributed along with Freeware downloads
WebmailWorld Adware comes as a toolbar to the web browsers. Toolbars and Extensions are useful that are used to enhance browsing performance. But the cyber criminals design various fake toolbars that often appears to be useful. But is actually design to control the whole browser.
You may get it from any recommended download link, ads alongside of any ad-supported webpage or downloading freeware.
Users often have no idea how this stuff got installed on their browser. And the moment they install, they attack the installed browsers and change its settings.
How WebmailWorld affects the web browsers?
Many users may not know that WebmailWorld is third-party designed the program which acts like a browser hijacker. On being installed, this stubborn program edits browser settings and sets the default homepage Page to “WebmailWorld New Tab“ without informing users.
The WebmailWorld New Tab appears as:
It has been found that WebmailWorld extension silently monitors the browsing activities and send them to multiple advertisers.
It aims to deliver paid advertisement links, push sponsored contents and force users to visit third-party sites. This is purely a marketing strategy that helps the authors to earn profit. But these toolbars do not have to do with user’s privacy and they never seek user’s permission before doing any changes.
WebmailWorld Adware may risk your privacy to a high extent. Thus, if you are still hooked up with this fake toolbar, then we advise you to quickly remove it.
To Manually Remove WebmailWorld browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Remove WebmailWorld extension from the web browsers
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for any suspicious extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check the installed extensions and if it stands out to be an Adware/PUP then
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select the ones which are unusual and can be recognized as an Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
Reset web browsers
Scan your computer for complete removal of WebmailWorld.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Wise Search Adware.
Remove WebmailWorld using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove WebmailWorld browser hijacker, but should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. Always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
These bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hope you find this article helpful.