Weatherforecasttracker1.com is a fake search engine that causes browser redirect issue. If you will find your homepage, new tab and default search engine altered, then it may be because of unknown extensions added to the browser. Read the guide to know more about Weatherforecasttracker1.com and its removal solution.
What is Weatherforecasttracker1.com?
Weatherforecasttracker1.com appears to be legit search provider that offers various features to assist users better browsing experience. The features may include: improved search results, quick links to social media website, to-do lists, weather forecasts and many more. From its outlook, Weatherforecasttracker1.com genuinely looks trustworthy but as you start using, this search provider will mislead you by displaying manipulated search results each time while user surf internet.
It uses the yahoo search service to present the end result, but in the meanwhile it drops third-party advertising links and sponsored contents with the searches conducted. Most likely, this is done to generate traffic for such sites and earn revenue in return. The ads and links served by the page may not be safe to click and thus users should avoid clicking on them. As they can download other Adware or potentially undesirable program without any consent.
In reality, Weatherforecasttracker1.com comes bundled with fake extensions like “Weather Forecast” which is most often unknowingly installed by the user. You may also download this extension from click ad-supported links that urges user to download such extension and them to their web browser. Although, it is promoted as a helpful extension that gives real-time weather updates based on the location. But as soon as you install this extension, it will bring lots of changes to the affected browser. This untrustworthy search engine replaces the default homepage and search engine to “hxxps://www.weatherforecasttracker1.com/homepage/homepage.html?id”.
Thus each time, you launch your browser, whether Chrome, Mozilla or Internet explorer, shows lots of paid links and ads within the search results. Clicking on these links may further redirect to third-party website showing irrelevant contents. This can give you a very unpleasant surfing experience and devoid you from getting trusted information.
Being a browser hijacker, Weatherforecasttracker1.com also possess risk to user’s privacy by tracing all surfing habits and sharing your personal data to third-party. These data are used to send filtered advertisements on the browser. But many time, such activity can expose the financial data stored within the cookies to online scammers. Thus user must not delay to remove Weatherforecasttracker1.com hijacker.
To Manually Remove Weatherforecasttracker1.com browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Remove Weatherforecasttracker1.com extension from the web browsers
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for any suspicious extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check the installed extensions and if it stands out to be an Adware/PUP then
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select the ones which are unusual and can be recognized as an Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
Reset web browsers
Scan your computer for complete removal of Weatherforecasttracker1.com.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Wise Search Adware.
Remove Weatherforecasttracker1.com using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove Weatherforecasttracker1.com browser hijacker, but should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. Always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
These bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hope you find this article helpful.