You landed here, it means your files on the PC may be encrypted with .vusad extension, this is an indication of your computer infected with ransomware threat.
Name: Vusad Ransomware
Ransom Demanded: $490-$980
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Vusad is a ransomware that belongs to the family of STOP Ransomware. The threat can be distributed via phishing email attachments, fake java-script codes, exploit kits and Trojans. Being a ransomware threat, it aims to encrypt most of the files on the affected system in order to demand ransom. The encrypted files are locked with .vusad file extension that means they can’t be accessible.
The only way to restore the file is to pay the ransom to buy the decryption key from the authors of Vusad ransomware.
To notify users about the attack, it creates a ransom note named as _readme.txt that contains the following message:
ATTENTION! Don’t worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files. What guarantees you have? You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free. But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information. You can get and look video overview decrypt tool: https://we.tl/t-514KtsAKtH Price of private key and decrypt software is $980. Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490. Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment. Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours. To get this software you need write on our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Reserve e-mail address to contact us: email@example.com Our Telegram account: @datarestore Your personal ID:
According to the above, Vusad specifies that the files like documents, videos, audios, database and others. The virus uses strong encryption algorithm to encrypt the files, that means that the files are locked with a pair of unique public-private key. Without inserting the private key for the files locked on the computer cannot be accessed.
The authors further ask the victim of contact them with 72 hours and pay $490. If the victim fails to do so, then the price will the doubled and they have to pay $980.
Ransomware has now become a successful business for hackers and cyber-criminals. They are exploiting the system’s security to breach within and get inside. Thus, it is better to adopt precautionary measures to fight against such ransomware threats.
Users generally don’t have the habit of backing up the data. That is why ransomware authors are taking advantage of it. If we you have backups of the important files, then it is very easy to deal with ransomware threats. You just need an anti-ransomware tool to remove it and securely restore files from backups.
There are various ways for backups like online syncing accounts like Google Drive, One Drive , Dropbox. However, if these accounts may not provide encryption.
Also Read: 7 Effective Ways To Back Up Your Photos
To overcome this, you can use some cloud storage like SOS online backup solution that is a cross-platform tool that works on all the devices and securely backups all the data from all the connected devices. While transferring the data, it uses strong encryption algorithm which means your data transfer to completely secure.
Follow the removal guide below to remove Vusad Ransomware.
How To Remove Vusad Ransomware virus Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of Vusad Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Use Ransomware Defender To Remove Vusad Ransomware(Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Run Scan To Detect Vusad Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove Vusad ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Manually Find And Remove Vusad (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove Vusad Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager“
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove Vusad Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.