You have landed here, it means your files are locked .vesad file virus. This guide contains the full information about Vesad Ransomware and its removal solution.
This new ransomware is named after the file extension it uses to encrypt the files on the victims PC. It is another variant of STOP ransomware like Lanset that uses encryption algorithm to lock the files on the PC and append .vesad extension to it. This means the user can no longer access their important files stored on the computer. Further, the extortionist leaves a ransom note within the folders where the encryption has been done. The .vesad file virus demands the ransom to be paid in the form of Bitcoins to make the victims buy the decryption key.
Vesad Ransomware virus Distribution methods:
.vesad files virus is distributed using phishing email campaigns or spam bots. The hacker send out spam emails containing the payloads of the virus in the form of attachments. While the sender appears to be legitimate and the email tends to be important. Thus, users generally agree to download the malware-laden document. As soon the user does so, the document starts running the macros to download the infection on the computer and later installs it silently on the PC. To know about ransomware threat in-depth please click here.
Once the .vesad files virus is successfully installed, it executes various tasks momentarily before starting the actual file encryption process. At first, one module starts executing that harvest important data about the system that helps the ransomware threat to generate unique ID for the victim. It also does various modifications on the system like Windows Registry editor, changes default boot options and disables any security program installed.
This makes the recovery of the files from boot menu impossible. Apart from file-encryption, the presence of .vesad files virus also leads to performance issues, puts a huge load on the hardware of the system and so on.
If your files have been locked with .vesad extension, then you should stop using your computer right away and do not use it for any important actions like doing any transaction, dropping any new important files and so on.
ers to accomplish more such actions. It is better to remove Vesad file ransomware and try to restore the files from backup or recovery tools.
How To Remove Vesad Ransomware virus Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of Vesad Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Use Ransomware Defender To Remove Vesad Ransomware(Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Run Scan To Detect Vesad Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove Vesad ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Manually Find And Remove Vesad (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove Vesad Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager“
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove Vesad Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.