What is V9Search?
V9Search is a browser hijacker that modifies homepage, search engine and new tab of the infected browser. You see your default search engine set as hxxp://v9search.com after installing any fake browser extension or visiting infected links.
V9Search uses the search services of Google or yahoo to present the results, but your information is not secure to this website. As it collects all browsing data and send them to multiple sites for generating fake traffic, pushing adverts and all illegal actions.
Thus, if you are noticing the V9Search browser hijacker installed on your computer which you didn’t choose to install. Then it may be a browser hijacker that should be removed as soon as possible.
How Do I Got V9Search browser hijacker?
V9Search is a typical browser hijacker program that enters to the browser without being noticed. It uses various social engineering ways to spread its program files:
- Freeware bundles: Users often download freeware and shareware programs from unknown sources. These may contain additional programs that does not disclose their full information. And also does not need any further permission to install on the computer.
- Installing Fake browser extensions: While browsing you may get several recommendation to install extensions/add-on to ease your surfing. But you must verify them before you choose to install. Always download extensions from official web stores.
- Clicking on spam links: There are various in-text links within the web pages we visit. Unknowingly clicking on them may drop Adware and other unwanted programs like to the PC.
- Installing updates from fake pop-ups: If you have recently installed any update from redirect pop-ups like “your flash player could out of date”. Then you are most likely to be infected with V9Search and similar other browser hijackers.
More details about V9Search hijacker
Once the V9Search search program is installed, it starts modifying browser settings.
- Homepage is changed to V9Search.com
- Search engine is set to hxxp://v9search.com
- New toolbars, bookmarks and extensions could be added without permission.
Soon after that, you see V9Search homepage each time you launch your browser. This dubious program can attack any web browser including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, safari or MS Edge.
V9Search may appear like any other search engine that offers easy searching to users. Just like Google or Bing, it also has four search categories including Web, Images, Videos and News. It also offers to switch to preferred languages however default is English.
However, using its search services could risk your privacy and security. As said above, V9Search uses Google search engine service to display the end results. But the data entered to this search program is collected and send over different servers. These may include: Browsing keywords, Visited Site info, IP address, cookies data, geo-location and even system related information.
Apart from that, V9Search browser hijacker frequently redirects to unknown URLs that may load plenty of phishing and harmful contents. You may even encounter lots of intrusive ads that many times end up installing any other Adware, Trojans droppers and Crypto-miners like DBUpdater.exe to your negotiated computer system.
What to do when your browser is infected with V9Search
Like any other browser hijacker, V9Search browser malware is also too tough to be removed by simply switching back to the default browser settings. As it installs program files, shortcuts, start ups and alter registry entries, which makes complete removal nearly impossible.
But if you have sound knowledge about the system components and deep files, then you can attempt removing V9Search manually. Our step-by-step manual removal instructions will help you to successfully remove the browser hijacker program from your browser.
If you are not a computer savvy then, the best way to deal with browser hijacker is to deep scan the computer and remove all the components of the V9Search.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with V9Search then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove V9Search (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- SpyHunter 5 groups your scan results into categories determined by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in SpyHunter’s “Quarantine.” If at any time, you would like to restore a previously removed object(s), you can do so through SpyHunter’s “Restore” feature. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove V9Search ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we also recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Boot your Computer to “Safe Mode With Networking“
- Step 2: Remove Suspicious Programs from Browsers
- Step 3: Removing Adware from Operating System
- Step 4: Cleaning temporary files and removing unwanted programs left within task manager
- Step 5: Running Full System Scan(Recommended)
You should not skip the full system scan step. As even if you don’t perform the manual steps for removing the Adware, running system scan will automatically detect and remove the threat. Security experts always recommend doing deep system scanning if you are not a technically sound person. All the steps mentioned above needs a good knowledge of system utilities, so if anything goes wrong it will hamper your device.