You landed here, it means your files on the PC may be encrypted with .V6cye extension, this is an indication of your computer infected with ransomware threat.
Name: V6cye Ransomware
Ransom Demanded: $500-$1500
V6cye is a crypto-malware threat is aims to encrypt files on the attacked computer and forces users to pay the ransom as recovery fee. This threat belongs to the Snatch ransomware family of threats. Like other ransomware, this malware also uses strong encryption algorithm to encrypt the files, thus users may be able to access their files without the decryption key provided.
After encrypting the files, it adds “.v6cye” extension as suffix to each of the files. This indicates that the file has been encrypted by V6cye Ransomware. It also creates a ransom note named as “RESTORE_V6CYE_FILES.txt” on the desktop as well as to the folders where encryption been done.
The text within the note says:
Hello! Your all your files are encrypted and only I can decrypt them. my mail is firstname.lastname@example.org Write me if you want to return your files - I can do it very quickly! In the letter you must specify the extension of the encrypted files. Attention! Do not rename encrypted files. You may lose your files permanently. You may be a victim of fraud. To prove that I can recover your files, I am ready to decrypt any three files for free (except databases, Excel and backups) hurry up!
According to the note, the author of V6cye Ransomware asks the victim of contact them via the provided email address “email@example.com”. It also threatens users about losing all their data, if they try to tamper the encrypted files. The extensions of the encrypted files also contains some unique ID that identifies the individual, and helps in decryption. Thus the author asks to send any of the 3 files that they will decrypt for free as a prove. After that user need to pay the demanded ransom amount to decrypt all the files. Generally the ransom demanded may vary and sometimes it is also negotiable and to be paid in the form of crypto-currency like Bitcoins, Monero, Dash coins and so on.
Unfortunately, the files encrypted by V6cye Ransomware cannot be recovered without the decryption key. But it is possible to deal with ransomware threats, if you have a backup of your data. Then all you need to do is, securely remove V6cye Ransomware threat from your infected computer and recover data from backups.
You can also try system restore, Shadow volumes recovery and some data recovery tools to try out the recovery.
Also, it is important to note that, before you remove the ransomware, you should keep a copy of the ransom note and encrypted files to any other flash drives or so. Because, security experts keeps on analysis the threat and later on they may release the decryption code to the public.
To secure yourself for future attacks, you should be careful while opening any spam email attachments, crack of software from fake sites and freeware downloads from unsafe sites.
How To Remove V6cye Ransomware virus Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of V6cye Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Use Ransomware Defender To Remove V6cye Ransomware(Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Run Scan To Detect V6cye Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove V6cye ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Manually Find And Remove V6cye (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove V6cye Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager“
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove V6cye Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.