Ursnif Virus Description:
Ursnif is a data-stealing Trojan threat that drops keyloggers on the infected computer system to dig out all confidential data of the user. This Trojan generally spreads through phishing email campaigns. Once the system gets infected with Ursnif virus, it starts numerous processes within the background.
Two of which is :
Although, these are the essential windows processes, but the trojan may drop the malicious versions of these files to escape from detection. As soon as the Ursnif virus activates on the system, it keeps a keen watch on the activities of users and record each of the keystrokes. The recorded data is then send to the authors of the virus through TOR network. Along with data-stealing, Ursnif Trojan may also install other malware to negotiate the complete system.
Ursnif virus infiltration Sources:
The reason behind the outbreak of Ursnif Trojan threat is spam email campaigns that contains the payloads of the threat. The phishing email contains the document that asks users to enable the macros. Thousands of users have been become the victim of this threat like this approach. As the email is subjected as urgent or from higher authority or even it imitates any legitimate service.
But you must not open the attachment until you verify the sender and the motive behind it. Ursnif Trojan is not the only one tricking users, there are various destructive Trojan threats using spam mail campaigns to drop infections of the PC.
It is very important to stay aware of such threats:
- DarkHydrus Trojan threat;
- RogueRobin Trojan Horse;
- Zeus virus;
- Trojan.MSIL.Agent and
These are most active threat nowadays.
Spam emails are now being the most common technique of the distribution of Trojan and ransomware threats. So, if you get any suspicious email, please do not quickly open or download the attachments. has also been a commonly used technique for Trojan distribution. Once the user downloads the attachment, it asks to enable the macros to load of the contents of the file. As soon as the user does so, the virus is launched on the targeted system.
Ursnif virus destructive actions:
Ursnif trojan is active since 2007 and is being constant evolved to be more powerful and using sophisticated behavior to attack users. Not individuals are being targeted by this threat, in fact this fierce threat is attacking big organizations, institutions, government agencies and hospitals to steal the data.
This Trojan is mainly designed to record all the sensitive data various sensitive data from the victim’s PC. The data generally includes the crucial ones like banking details, saved logins, email address, location, IP address, browsing information and passwords. The Trojan receives the command from its authors to carry out various other tasks within the background. Once all the collected data are successfully send to the hackers, it receives the command to delete itself from the victim’s PC. In this way, you may lose all your financial and personal data which can be misused badly.
The developers of Ursnif Trojan are constantly working to find clever ways of attack and silently steal all your data. Many users may been a victim of monetary frauds, as they transfer all the money from the victim’s back account to its own. You can do nothing after that, so it is better to stay a step ahead of these threats. Never ignore any signs of infection like:
- Task manager showing unknown processes running;
- Unexpected errors on the screen;
- Performance slowdown and blue-screen death;
- Browser redirects to unknown pages and frequently crashes.
If you don’t know about the infection and its properties, then it is better to scan your system with real-time anti malware program to detect and remove the threat.
How to Remove Ursnif virus from infected device?
Ursnif Trojan virus is still active and widely infecting users. Thus, it is very important to remove this threats in its initial attack phase. This persistent threat can have various other variants as detected by other anti-virus programs. So, it is very important to cautious enough while removing this threat. Security experts recommends the deep scan of the infected computer that is the only option to ensure complete removal of Ursnif Trojan.
Find below the quick removal solution to get rid of Ursnif virus and its associated programs.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with Ursnif then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove Ursnif (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- SpyHunter 5 groups your scan results into categories determined by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in SpyHunter’s “Quarantine.” If at any time, you would like to restore a previously removed object(s), you can do so through SpyHunter’s “Restore” feature. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove Ursnif ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Manually Killing the malicious processes, disabling suspicious programs and then removing the remaining virus and its traces by scanning.
- Step 2: Remove Trojan Virus Using System Restore Procedure.
- Step 3: Download effective antivirus program and scan your computer to ensure successful removal of Trojan threat.