Uninstall “Typing Test Guru” Extension And Remove htypingtestguru.com Hijacker From Browsers
“Typing Test Guru” is a worthless extension that you should never install. Although, you may install it as a tool to quickly carry out typing test. However, this feature is not enough to install this extension. The reason behind this is, when you click on the install button, then you agree to its terms of service. In clear words, you grant permission to make various changes to the browser.
Thus, “Typing Test Guru” takes no time to substitute your homepage, New tab and search engine address to htypingtestguru.com. Worst part is, it won’t allow you to switch back to your default browser settings.
|Name||Typing Test Guru|
|Type||Fake Browser Extension, Browser Hijacker, Search Redirect, Hijacker, Toolbar, Homepage/ New Tab|
|Description||It is a bogus extension that promotes fake search engine to display manipulates search results.|
|Occurrence||Freeware downloads via unofficial websites, Visiting suspicious pages and clicking on ads, Browser Redirection to questionable sites.|
|Symptoms||Changes in default settings of browsers, ads appear frequently, browser becomes unstable.|
Run A Scan Now– To Eliminate Typing Test Guru extension and reset browser.
How “Typing Test Guru” Redirects occurs?
As said above, Typing Test Guru is an extension/add-on that allows users to take take typing test from the new tab directly. However, by installing it, you will see your favorite homepage, new tab and search engine redirected to “htypingtestguru.com.” This homepage will launch each time you open your browser.
The homepage appears as:
Further, the queries entered to the htypingtestguru.com, is redirected to multiple sites to fetch ad-supported results. However, the final results is delivered using search.yahoo.com, as it is fake search engine that does not posses searching capabilities. So, often these dubious programs take advantage of other genuine search engine to display the end result. The main aim of htypingtestguru.com is to present sponsored results based on the search queries of users. This is how the adware programs boost the traffic of sponsored sites. For which they earn commission by ads clicked by the user.
When you install Typing Test Guru, it can have the following access:
From the above snapshot, it is clear that, the dubious program is going the control your whole browsing activities. Along with that, keeping an eye on all your browsing habits, which may expose your privacy.
Thus, users should quickly uninstall Typing Test Guru extension and its associated programs as soon as possible.
How To Remove Typing Test Guru Hijacker?
Browser hijackers are designed in such a way that don’t allow users to reset their settings back. As they also alter system settings that launches the extension each time user opens it browser. You may face trouble uninstalling such extension or its homepage from the browser, as it configures system settings, add registry entries and creates task scheduler that runs its program within the background. This makes the manual removal a tricky process. Thus, here is both the manual and automatic removal solution provided to help get rid of Typing Test Guru hijacker.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove Typing Test Guru (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs. It uses advance threat detection method to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
Besides that, it provides 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks. Thus, keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer add an extra security layer.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-InstallerAccess” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for Typing Test Guru and other associated programs.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result about Typing Test Guru along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- Once you have found Typing Test Guru as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on “Next“. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. It has a “Select All” feature that allows to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9).
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
Remove Typing Test Guru browser hijacker Manually
To Manually Remove Typing Test Guru browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Step1: Remove Typing Test Guru extension from the web browsers
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for Typing Test Guru extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check for Typing Test Guru;
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select Typing Test Guru or other Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
Step 2: Reset web browsers
To Remove Typing Test Guru homepage from web browsers, it is better to reset the browsers one-by-one. These are the separate guide designed to reset the browsers to its default settings. And also contains Advanced browser settings, so that these stuffs don’t bother you again.
Step 3: Uninstall Typing Test Guru/ suspicious program from your computer
- Click on “Start“, then type “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Choose the “Uninstall a program“.
- Choose the program you want to uninstall from the list and click on “Uninstall” button on top. (Most of the time malicious program will not allow you to manually remove the programs. So you can the help of Express uninstaller tool.)
Step 4: Scan your computer for complete removal of Typing Test Guru.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Typing Test Guru Adware.
Remove Typing Test Guru using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat. Including crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
Thus, running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
This is the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove Typing Test Guru browser hijacker. But you should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. So, always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
Most often, these bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Therefore, it is better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hopefully, you may find this article helpful.