You have arrived here, either to know about Trojan.Dropper.Agent or your system is infected with it severe virus. This article explains about this threat and its best possible removal solution.
But before proceeding to that, you should run a scan to your computer with powerful anti-malware program to immediately remove Trojan.Dropper.Agent.
Trojan.Dropper.Agent is a harmful program that is designed to drop other malicious programs on the target system. The installed programs can be in the form of any free software, rogue system utility tool or severe threat. Once the Trojan.dropper installs the harmful program on the compromised system, it deletes/destroys itself.
A Trojan.Dropper can be of various types and each one has special task to do on the target system. It embeds the payload of the harmful program and once it enters on the computer system, it initiates its activity.
It can be said that Trojan.Dropper.Agent is an alarm of initial malware attack. This Trojan threat is mainly used by hackers to disguise malware onto the uninfected systems. Once a Trojan.Dropper.Agent is executed, it loads it files onto the system memory and starts extracting the payloads of the virus.
After that, it edits file system, start background processes and schedule tasks for it. Once done, it helps the malware to execute on the machine and destroys itself after accomplishing its tasks.
It may conduct other activities that confuses users about the current security status of the computer. While Trojan.Dropper.Agent continue to execute the malicious tasks within the background.
If you suspects any traces of Trojan.Dropper.Agent, then it’s just the initial phase of serious malware attack. You should immediately seek for its removal.
How a Trojan.Dropper.Agent can enter on your computer?
To understand how Trojans attack and their destructive properties, you need to learn in deep about it.
In short, Trojans attack through spam email attachments that contains the payloads of virus. Once the user downloads the infected document, it codes starts executing through Macro-enabled document. This drops the Trojan.Dropper.Agent on the compromised PC.
Other sources include: freeware downloads, p2p sharing of files, downloading pirated videos, drive-by-downloads and clicking in fake links.
What does A Dropper can do?
Trojan.Droppers are specifically created by malware developers to obfuscate malicious program code within. This helps the third-party and other harmful program to easily distribute. They may appear like any other legitimate program to escape detection.
The program files dropped on the compromised system may include executable files of various formats like: “.exe”, “.com”, “.scr” and “.dll”. Once installed, they can use the negotiated computer to carry out various illegitimate actions.
Some typical functionalities of Trojan.Dropper.Agent are:
- Drop potentially harmful program.
- Installs malware and initiate the execution.
- Allow third-party programs to modify browser settings.
- Display non-stop advertisements and pop-ups.
- Cause random redirection and click frauds.
- Allow remote access of the compromised PC to any hacker.
- Record keystrokes on the confidential websites.
- Collect various information about the user and system to carry out misleading conducts.
- Performance of the PC highly negotiated.
- Display error messages on the desktop like file missing, low memory or application failed to initialize so on.
The presence of Trojan.Dropper.Agent is a serious sign of infection and it should be removed at its earliest.
Remove Trojan.Dropper.Agent Program
The dangers of this virus is not limited, as it is meant to drop other more damaging infections. You may find several warnings by your anti-virus, but it may fail to find any. Because, it writes file system, modifies registry entry, shut-down firewall and disable your anti-virus.
Even if you manually uninstall any program from control program, you will notice, it will not allow you to do so by stating “program is still in use” or similar like this. There is no manual solution that can ensure complete removal for Trojan.Dropper.Agent on the compromised device. Either you need to completely format your system which everyone for sure. Second is you can try system restore procedure, if you are comfortable with handling system utilities.
Remove Trojan.Dropper.Agent Using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
Restore registry entries created by Trojan.Dropper.Agent
After Removal of Trojan.Dropper.Agent Virus, it is important to restore the damages done by it. As it attacks windows registry to add its keys and values to execute as the system starts. All these keys may help the program to regenerate its codes.
To repair the registry and restore to its previous state, we recommend the “Reimage Tool“, that cleans all the traces of threat and fix all windows errors.
By following the above steps, user can get rid of Trojan.Dropper.Agent virus completely from the system.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Keep a secure firewall for the system. This will help block any unwanted internet connections to your device.
- Do not open spam mail attachments from unknown sender. This is the common way through which malicious programs intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.