What is Topvideo.azurewebsites.net? Why it is appearing on the browser again and again? How to stop Topvideo.azurewebsites.net redirect?
Topvideo.azurewebsites.net-What is it?
Topvideo.azurewebsites.net is a deceptive web domain that causes browser redirect issue. It mostly occurs when user click on any infected link or visit any harmful website. Your new tab may also redirect to Topvideo.azurewebsites.net, if your browser is infected with any potentially unwanted program. The main purpose of the site is to make user subscribe for its push notifications. This helps the sponsors to promote their products and services in the form of advertsiments and pop-ups. If you have clicked on the allow button, then you may see ads and pop-ups directly on your desktop screen when your browser is closed.
Topvideo.azurewebsites.net pop-ups when clicked could infect the whole computer with more damaging threats and arise unwanted issues. Thus you should never click on such ads. Although, they might appear helpful and genuine, but is merely a trick to attract users and force them to hit on the embedded link. The moment you click on the link, it will redirect you to other third-party sites that may not help you with the purpose. And fool you to install any fake program or buy some worthless product. These are all shady marketing techniques to generate traffic for sponsors and earn pay-per-click revenue.
Also, this risky domain collects individual’s data and system related info like IP-address, physical location, visited website’s info, searched queries and surfing patterns to help its publishers to drop lot more of advertisements on the browser. These issues will continue to become adverse until Topvideo.azurewebsites.net along with other Adware programs have not been completely removed out of the machine.
You can try out Spyhunter to scan your infected system and detect the Adware triggering Topvideo.azurewebsites.net pop-ups.
If you already know about the infectious behaviors of Adware then you can try out the manual removal solution provided here.
To remove Topvideo.azurewebsites.net pop-ups from your Windows PC, follow the steps below:
- Block Pop-ups notifications from Topvideo.azurewebsites.net
- Remove Topvideo.azurewebsites.net from browser’s shortcut.
- Remove Topvideo.azurewebsites.net and other Adware from windows
- Reset web browsers
- Use HitmanPro.Alert to scan and remove Topvideo.azurewebsites.net.
Note: You should be cautious while performing the above manual removal of Topvideo.azurewebsites.net pop-ups virus.
Block the permission for the site to show push notifications from web browsers:
- Open chrome menu by clicking on three vertical dots on top-right corner. Click on “Settings“.
- On Chrome’s “Settings” Page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced“.
- Navigate to “Privacy and Security” section, now click on “Content settings“.
- Click on “Notifications“. You will see list of websites that are allowed to show notifications.
- Search for “Topvideo.azurewebsites.net” website and click three vertical dots beside it, then click on “Remove”. This will prevent to show any push notification.(temporarily)
- Open Firefox menu by clicking on click on three horizontal lines. And choose “Options”.
- On the left side of the page, choose “Privacy & Security”.
- Go to “Permissions” section and within the Notifications menu choose “Settings” next to it.
- Locate “Topvideo.azurewebsites.net” website, and choose “block” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save Changes” button.
- On the top-right part of the browser, click on gear icon to open the menu.
- Select “Internet Options“.
- Navigate to “Privacy” tab, now choose “Pop-up Blockers” section and click on “Settings”.
- Locate for Topvideo.azurewebsites.net website and click on the Remove button.
- Open Microsoft Edge Menu button, by clicking on three horizontal dots. Choose Settings from the menu.
- Click on “Advanced” from the left side of the window.
- Under the “Website permission” section, click on “Manage permission“.
- Locate Topvideo.azurewebsites.net website and click on the X (Clear) button.
Remove browser shortcuts from opening web address.
- Right on the web browser shortcut on your desktop;
- Choose “Properties”;
- On the shortcut tab, within the “target” section, search for Topvideo.azurewebsites.net address after “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” ???.
- If you find anything apart from above, then delete it.
- Repeat with all the installed web browsers.
Remove Unwanted programs/Adware from control Panel.
- Click on “Start“, then type “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Choose the “Uninstall a program“.
- Choose the program you want to uninstall from the list and click on “Uninstall” button on top. (Most of the time malicious program will not allow you to manually remove the programs. So you can the help of Express uninstaller tool.)
Reset web browsers
Remove Topvideo.azurewebsites.net using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Do not click on “Allow” button to the Push notifications.
- Avoid opening spam mail attachments, this is the common way through virus intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.