What is Tomk32.com? Why it is appearing again and again on the browser? How to get rid of it? This guide aims to tell users about this dubious website and its step-by-step removal solution.
Tomk32.com-What is it?
Tomk32.com is a tricky website that misleads users by pushing pop-up notifications while visiting any third-party website. This is a social engineering trick that makes users to press on the allow button on the page, in order to continue their activity on the page. In lure of that, user quickly agree to click and incautiously subscribe for the notifications on this page.
But you may not be aware of its consequences, so it’s worth letting our users know about Tomk32.com redirect page and its phishing actions.
Browser generally gets redirected to this nasty URL, if the browser gets infected due to the download of freeware and shareware programs. Other sources are attachments of junk mails, videos downloaded from torrent sites and visiting adult sites. These actions generally drop any potentially unwanted program on the computer.
Once installed, the PUPs or Adware alters browser settings by which it always push you to Tomk32.com and similar unknown sites.
Tomk32.com redirect website display a confirmation pop-up window that asks users to subscribe for its push notifications.
The Pop-up states that:
Tomk32.com wants to Show notifications
Press tap the Allow button to continue
By clicking on “allow”, you will grant the permit to Tomk32.com to deliver sponsored contents and ads every now and then on your desktop. Thus, you will notice lots of ads popping up on your screen even when you are not using your web browser.
Additionally, Tomk32.com unsafe domain has the feature to track user’s web browsing routines and share with remote cyber criminals for illegal marketing strategies. It is suggested to delete all rogue programs and extensions installed on the PC to maintain safe browsing.
Remove Tomk32.com pop-up virus
The constant appearance of pop-ups and redirects from Tomk32.com may slowly hamper the performance of the system. It will make the situation worse for you. As it is managed by any Adware that modifies system and browser settings to automatically redirect to questionable sites. These redirection and pop-ups will continue to bother users until all the traces of the threat not be removed permanently.
The safest way to deal with Tomk32.com pop-up virus is to scan your infected device with effective anti-malware program. As it is not possible to manually trace the harmful program files and its behaviors. A powerful anti-malware program can easily detect and remove Tomk32.com and its sources effectively.
You can try out Spyhunter to scan your infected system and detect the Adware triggering Tomk32.com pop-ups.
If you already know about the infectious behaviors of Adware then you can try out the manual removal solution provided here.
To remove Tomk32.com pop-ups from your Windows PC, follow the steps below:
- Block Pop-ups notifications from Tomk32.com
- Remove Tomk32.com from browser’s shortcut.
- Remove Tomk32.com and other Adware from windows
- Reset web browsers
- Use HitmanPro.Alert to scan and remove Tomk32.com.
Note: You should be cautious while performing the above manual removal of Tomk32.com pop-ups virus.
Block the permission for the site to show push notifications from web browsers:
- Open chrome menu by clicking on three vertical dots on top-right corner. Click on “Settings“.
- On Chrome’s “Settings” Page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced“.
- Navigate to “Privacy and Security” section, now click on “Content settings“.
- Click on “Notifications“. You will see list of websites that are allowed to show notifications.
- Search for “Tomk32.com” website and click three vertical dots beside it, then click on “Remove”. This will prevent to show any push notification.(temporarily)
- Open Firefox menu by clicking on click on three horizontal lines. And choose “Options”.
- On the left side of the page, choose “Privacy & Security”.
- Go to “Permissions” section and within the Notifications menu choose “Settings” next to it.
- Locate “Tomk32.com” website, and choose “block” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save Changes” button.
- On the top-right part of the browser, click on gear icon to open the menu.
- Select “Internet Options“.
- Navigate to “Privacy” tab, now choose “Pop-up Blockers” section and click on “Settings”.
- Locate for Tomk32.com website and click on the Remove button.
- Open Microsoft Edge Menu button, by clicking on three horizontal dots. Choose Settings from the menu.
- Click on “Advanced” from the left side of the window.
- Under the “Website permission” section, click on “Manage permission“.
- Locate Tomk32.com website and click on the X (Clear) button.
Remove browser shortcuts from opening web address.
- Right on the web browser shortcut on your desktop;
- Choose “Properties”;
- On the shortcut tab, within the “target” section, search for Tomk32.com address after “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” ???.
- If you find anything apart from above, then delete it.
- Repeat with all the installed web browsers.
Remove Unwanted programs/Adware from control Panel.
- Click on “Start“, then type “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Choose the “Uninstall a program“.
- Choose the program you want to uninstall from the list and click on “Uninstall” button on top. (Most of the time malicious program will not allow you to manually remove the programs. So you can the help of Express uninstaller tool.)
Reset web browsers
Remove Tomk32.com using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Do not click on “Allow” button to the Push notifications.
- Avoid opening spam mail attachments, this is the common way through virus intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.