You have landed here means you are certainly not able to open your some important files. Is your files are substituted with random extensions having
“original file name+UniqueID+[email@example.com].video” extension, it means your computer is attacked by Video Ransomware.
Video Ransomware:[firstname.lastname@example.org].video is a newly detected ransomware threat that is popularly known as Video Ransomware. It belongs to the family of Dharma Ransomware that is an infamous malware active since years now. Like the basic characteristics of ransomware, Video ransomware also encrypts files and documents on the infected PC and demand ransom to be paid to get the decryptor.
It may target various kinds of files like documents, images, videos, PDFs, Zip file and many such. After encrypting the files, it add its own extension followed by unique ID for each of its victim. Thus the files encrypted by video ransomware appears as “original file name+UniqueID+[email@example.com].video” extension.
So, if you have a file named as “secret.docs”, then it will be renamed after encryption as “secret.docsid-2G786F00.[firstname.lastname@example.org].video” and so on. It leaves a ransom note named as “FILES ENCRYPTED.txt” that notifies users about the encryption and ask them to contact the authors via the provided email address “email@example.com”. So, if your files has been replaced by the above extension, then it is clear that your computer is attacked by Video ransomware.
[firstname.lastname@example.org].video Ransomware virus Distribution methods:
The authors of [email@example.com].video Ransomware may use various deceptive ways to infect the devices widely. If you are not aware of the Ransomware and how its spread, then follow this link to read more about them.
Like Bitcoin666@cock.li.word ransomware, it also spreads through phishing email campaigns, crack of software, freeware downloads, unsafe websites, exploit kits and peer-to-peer file sharing over infected network.
- Phishing email campaigns: Hackers often use spam bots to spread emails loaded with malicious attachments. However these emails may appear legit to users as they are titled as any invoice, fax, discount offers and so on. If the user clicks on the infected link or download the attachment, then the malicious codes may silently download to the system and further install the main ransomware program.
- Crack of software:There are many websites that offer crack tools to avoid registering for the paid software programs and use them illegally. Many users often look for such things to avoid spending their money. The cyber criminals distribute threats by deploying them as crack tools. Downloading such tools may actually infect your machine with ransomware or other threats.
- Fake Update links: This is an easy way out to spread the malicious program under the name of updates. You may encounter them while visiting unofficial or unsafe websites. They recommend users to click on the update button, But instead of getting any updates, it will download malware on your computer.
- Exploit kits and Other Trojans: Most often the main threat is installed with the help of other Trojan and exploits that takes the advantage of the system vulnerabilities. These may some simplified Trojans or exploits that further assist in installing the main threat. Once done, they can destroy themselves from the host machine.
More about [firstname.lastname@example.org].video Ransomware virus?
If your computer is infected with [email@example.com].video Ransomware, you will not be able to access most of your files. And you see a ransom note named as “FILES ENCRYPTED.txt” within the folders and on the desktop.
The text file “FILES ENCRYPTED.txt” states that:
all your data has been locked us
You want to return?
write email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
You may also see pop-up window while working on your desktop screen that reads as:
All your files have been encrypted!
All your files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC. If you want to restore them, write us to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Write this ID in the title of your message 1E857D00
In case of no answer in 24 hours write us to theese e-mails:email@example.com
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us. After payment we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
Free decryption as guarantee
Before paying you can send us up to 1 file for free decryption. The total size of files must be less than 1Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information. (databases,backups, large excel sheets, etc.)
How to obtain Bitcoins
The easiest way to buy bitcoins is LocalBitcoins site. You have to register, click ‘Buy bitcoins’, and select the seller by payment method and price.
Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here:
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
From the above message, it is concluded that the authors of the ransomware demands the ransom to be paid in the form of Bitcoins. And the value of cryptocurrency depends on the size of encryption been done and how fast the victims contact to the authors. The [firstname.lastname@example.org].video Ransomware authors also asks the victims to send an encrypted file to their email address, which will be decrypted for demo. This will ensure that victims will get back all their encrypted files after paying the ransom.
But this can be a trick as the ransomware authors just may have copies of your original files and they are trying to fool users. They often ask huge amount of money for the decryption. But once you pay the ransom amount they might not deliver the decryption tool. And you can lose both your money and data. Thus, security experts recommend not to contact the authors of the ransomware. And deal it as any other harmful threat that needs to removed immediately from the compromised machine.
After you have removed [email@example.com].video Ransomware threat, you can restore files from backup or using some file recovery tools.
How To Remove[firstname.lastname@example.org].video Ransomware virus Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of [email@example.com].video Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Ransomware attacks can be haunting for any user as the system contains our valuable data which we cannot afford to lose. The best tip any security expert will give you is to keep backup of your important documents to fight against such threats. Don’t forget to read the preventive guidelines at the end of the article which will help you stay safe from such attacks in future.
Use Ransomware Defender To Remove [firstname.lastname@example.org].video (Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Run Scan To Detect [email@example.com].video Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove [firstname.lastname@example.org].video ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Manually Find And Remove [email@example.com].video (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove [firstname.lastname@example.org].video Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager“
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove [email@example.com].video Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.