Suprotok.xyz is a scam site that is managed by some scammers to trick users into believing that their Mac, iPhone, iPad is infected with Viruses. Thus, users need to take immediate actions in order to remove them. The page further suggest users to click on the “Ok” button that will assist them in removal process.
However, this is not trustworthy warning, and is yet another trick to promote fake system tools. As if users clicks on its links or buttons, then it redirects to multiple pages to urge installing any anti-virus or system optimization tool. Further encouraging users to buy such worthless products or services.
So, you should trust on such warnings by Suprotok.xyz and immediately close them. However, if the page again reopens, then your system may have got some potentially unwanted program triggering the redirects. So, the best you can do is to remove all such adware and restore your privacy.
One quick and safe way to do is to scan your device with reliable anti-malware tool to remove all infections and stop redirects.
Read this post to know all about Suprotok.xyz and its best removal solution.
|Scam, iPhone Scam
|Suprotok.xyz is a tricky website that aims to download other PUA.
|free software bundling, clicking on ads on compromised websites and many such.
|The threat may not initially show any visible symptoms, but if the Mac turn down slow, browser crashes, memory low, unexpected error.
For Complete Removal of Suprotok.xyz and other possible infections, security Experts Recommend using a reliable anti-malware tool. Our Experts recommend ComboCleaner.
Why Suprotok.xyz Pop-up Appearing On Your Mac Devices?
Generally, pages like Suprotok.xyz opens unexpectedly while clicking on any random ads, visiting compromised site or using ad-driven platform to streaming movies or playing games.
Another possible reason is when you have recently downloaded from free bundle software from third-party sites. Such programs are generally adware that makes some changes to the browser to inject advertisements.
The most common way of getting infected with any adware or PUA is fake software update links from compromised websites that appear to be legit, but updating the software may actually install any harmful program. For instance, user may accidental install it via fake Flash Player update installers. There are various such scam sites that shows warnings “Abode Flash Player is out of date,”and needs to be updates.
Until then, the bogus page restricts the loading the contents on the page. However, users downloading and updating Flash player from such scam sites may unknowingly install other PUA programs.
Apart from that, you may accidentally install it via freeware program from third-party sites. Thus, users who do not pay attention while installing such freeware, may get this adware installed without their knowledge. So, it is advised that users should opt for custom/advanced installation procedure.
Hence, by following this trick, you can prevent unknowingly entry of adware and PUA with administrative privileges.
How Does Suprotok.xyz Affects The Mac?
When visited, the Suprotok.xyz displays a full page warning as “WARNING! Your Apple iPhone is severely damaged by 13 viruses!“. Along with that it also attempts to scare users with the browser is infected due to visiting some compromised sites and thus, it needs to be fixed immediately. Otherwise, it can lead to complete damage of the sensitive data from various applications like Facebook account, WhatsApp messages, installed applications and saved photos. The warning is mostly seen in three languages as English, Russian and Thai.
The pop-up warning may appear in iPhone, iPad or Mac desktop:
17 August 2020
WARNING! Your Apple iPhone is severely damaged by 13 viruses!
We have detected that your Browser is (62%) DAMAGED by BROWSER TROJAN VIRUSES picked up while surfing recent corrupted sites.
Immediate action is required to prevent it from spreading and infecting sensitive data like your Facebook account, Whatsapp messages photos and private applications.
Here is how you can solve this in just a few seconds (Step by Step)
Step 1: Tap REMOVE VIRUS to install VPN from the App Store.
Step 2: Open the app to activate the latest update and remove any older (Infected) versions.
1 minutes and 37 seconds
Detected By Apple.
The whole idea behind the above action is to redirect users to a product page encouraging download of some bogus application like Super protect 360 – Storm VPN. However, users may notice some other dubious products also. Downloading/installing software from such dubious links may be a fake one, and can lead to various issues later.
Like, they encourage users to buy its full-version program but that may be just a worthless product. Even it may be a malicious program that has some hidden motive to steal private data, record activities and allow hackers to control the device remotely.
Thus, users should never trust on such warnings and better to scan the device with legitimate anti-malware program to get the exact reports.
How to Remove Suprotok.xyz From Mac (Guide)
This is a complete manual removal guide for Mac users. It consist of step-by-step removal of unwanted programs. For instance, Adware, browser hijackers, redirects, Trojans and other malware. The manual removal may take several minutes, therefore you have to patience. Please follow the steps carefully. If you are in hurry, then we suggest you to go for automatic removal solution.
(The above link will open a new page from where the Combo Cleaner will download)
To Remove Suprotok.xyz Extension from Mac OS, follow the steps:
STEP 1: Remove Unknown Profiles Created by Suprotok.xyz Program From Mac OS
Profiles are utility that allows business or organizations to control the actions and behavior of the Mac system. Thus, any profile created by the admins will prevent the users to change them. However, adware distributes design their programs that may create new profile. As a result, it prevents user from uninstalling the adware or other malware program.
So, we first need to find out if there is any malicious profile created on the Mac. If yes, then you have to remove them.
Please follow the Steps here:
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu;
- Within the System Preferences window, find “Profiles” icon; (If you can’t find the profile icon, it means may not have any profiles created.)
- When the “Profile” Window opens, look for the unknown profiles. To remove Suprotok.xyz fake user profile, select it and click on the – (minus) button.
- Repeat the steps to remove all unknown profiles.
STEP 2: Uninstall Suprotok.xyz/Malicious Apps From Mac OS
In this step, You need to locate for Suprotok.xyz application or unknown programs that you may not have installed yourself. Remove all such apps from your system.
- Open “Finder” application from your dock;
- In the left pane of the Finder, click on “Applications“;
- The Applications window will display the list of all apps installed on your Mac OS. Next, you need to locate the Suprotok.xyz/suspicious apps by scrolling.
- To remove Suprotok.xyz, right-click on it, and then click “Move to Trash”. (Repeat this step until you remove all such apps).
- Now you need to empty the trash as sometimes program can restore themselves from the trash. On your dock, right-click on the trash icon and then select “Empty Trash”.
STEP 3: Remove Suprotok.xyz Daemons And Agents From Mac’s Startup
- From top menu On Desktop → Choose Go→Go to Folder;
- Within the “Go To Folder” pop-up window, enter the following paths along with Suprotok.xyz.plist one by one. This will locate the malicious files created by the apps.
- /Library/Application Support
For instance, If a malicious program named MPlayerX, then you may see ~/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.MPlayerX.plist”, within this location. You will see lots of files with “.plist” extension. Scroll through it and find the ones which appear to be suspicious.
- ~/Library/Application Support/com.MPlayerX/MPlayerX
- ~/Library/Application Support/com.MPlayerXDaemon/MPlayerX
- To Remove launch agents by Suprotok.xyz, right click on it and “More To Trash”.
Similarly, do this for launching agents locations: /Library/LaunchAgents/com.Suprotok.xyz.plist.
NOTE: Do not forget to empty the trash.
STEP 4: Use ComboCleaner Scan To Remove Suprotok.xyz
(The above link will open a new page from where the Combo Cleaner will download)
Combo Cleaner is a complete security suite for Mac OS that is developed by “RCS LT” company. This program is featured with anti-virus scanner and system optimization tools like disk cleaner, duplicate files finder, application uninstaller, privacy scanner, and 24*7 customer support service.
How to Install and Scan with Combo Cleaner
1. Click the above button to Download the “Combo Cleaner”;
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the downloaded file;
3. After the window opens, drag the Combo Cleaner program icon and drop it into your “Applications folder” icon.
4. Now, open your “Launchpad” and click on the “Combo Cleaner” icon.
5. This will start the combo cleaner installation and updates its latest virus definition. Once done, Combo cleaner will launch;
6. Click on “Antivirus” tab and choose the scan options like Quick, Full, and custom. (Full is recommended for the first time)
7. Let the scan be completed and it will list all the threats found. Now, click on “Remove All Threats”;
8. after removing the threats, click on the “uninstaller” to find and remove any unwanted programs. Select the program from the list and its related files and then click on “Remove Selected Items“
STEP 5: Remove Suprotok.xyz From Safari, Chrome, And Firefox Web Browsers (Optional)
To Remove Suprotok.xyz malicious Extensions, homepage redirects From Safari Browser, follow steps:
- On the Safari browser, click the “Safari” menu then select “Preferences”.
- On the “General” tab of the Safari preferences, check for malicious URL added as the default homepage. Within the “Homepage” field enter your preferred URL as your default start-page of the browser.
- Next, you need to check for malicious extensions, click on the “Extensions” tab on the same window.
- The “Extensions” screen will list all the extensions installed on your safari browser. You need to browse through the list and uninstall malicious extension or Adware. Select it and then click on “Uninstall”. Repeat the steps to remove all unwanted extensions.
Delete Safari’s preferences file to reset the default settings
Even after performing the above steps, some malicious program may reappear again. This happens because adware and browser hijackers creates new files within the preferences. Thus, they are able to replace the homepage and search engine URLs each time when user launches the Safari.
To do this, follow the below steps:
- Close the Safari browser;
- Come to normal desktop mode, now choose “Go” from the top menu then click on “Go to Folder“.
- Within the “Go to Folder: pop-up window, enter the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist path and click on GO;
- Delete the file, if found;
- Launch the Safari Again.
To Remove Suprotok.xyz From Chrome (Extensions, homepage redirects), follow steps:
Similarly, you need to reset the default settings of Chrome browser. In order to remove unknown extensions, search engines, startup, and new tabs.
It is better to use the default reset feature of the Google Chrome. This will reset all the unwanted modifications done by third-party programs. It should be noted that you will not lose your saved passwords and bookmarks. (Sync your Google with Account to secure them first). However, it will delete cookies, extensions, startups, URLs, homepage and new tabs preferences.
- Click on Chrome’s main menu then choose “Settings“. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced”;
- Under the Advanced page, go for “Reset and clean up” section. Then click on “Reset settings to their original defaults”;
- Next, click on “Reset”, when you will be prompted for a confirmation “This will reset your startup page, a new tab page, search engine, and pinned tabs. It will also disable all extensions and clear temporary data like cookies. Your bookmarks, history, and saved passwords will not be cleared”;
- Click on the “Reset Settings” button to confirm the procedure. After that, it may ask to restart your browser, click “Yes”.
Remove Chrome’s policies created by Suprotok.xyz Program
If the above reset solution does not work for you, then it may possible that the malicious programs has created policies within the chrome browser. This certainly restricts the unwanted apps, homepage and search engine settings to reset again. The Chrome polices are listed within chrome://policy URL. You can check the unwanted policies created by malicious apps. If this is the case then you need to remove them.
To reset such policies from chrome browser, follow the steps below:
- Open a Terminal window. Go to Finder → Go → Utilities → Terminal;
- Within the Terminal window, execute the following commands one by one. And press enter after each command.
defaults write com.google.Chrome HomepageIsNewTabPage -bool false defaults write com.google.Chrome NewTabPageLocation -string “https://www.google.com/” defaults write com.google.Chrome HomepageLocation -string “https://www.google.com/” defaults delete com.google.Chrome DefaultSearchProviderSearchURL defaults delete com.google.Chrome DefaultSearchProviderNewTabURL defaults delete com.google.Chrome DefaultSearchProviderName defaults delete com.google.Chrome ExtensionInstallSources
- After executing the above commands, launch the Chrome browser again. To check the unknown policies to be removed successfully. Type “chrome://policy” within the address bar and click on “Reload policies”.
- Now, the malicious policies should be gone. After that, you can modify your homepage, new tab and search engine as per your preferences.
NOTE: Last but not the least, if the above solution also does not work for you. Then the malicious programs may have install “Managed by your organization” policy. As a consequence it restricts to remove the unknown extension or homepage even after resetting the browser.
Please follow our guide Remove “Managed by your organization” Chrome Hijack From Mac
Mozilla Firefox Browser
To Remove Suprotok.xyz malicious Extension, homepage redirects From Mozilla Firefox Browser, follow steps:
Finally, if you have facing same issues with Firefox browser, then follow the steps to refresh it.
- Open Firefox’s Main Menu button by clicking on three horizontal lines. After that, from the drop-down menu select “Help“;
- Click on the “Troubleshooting Information,“ from the Help menu;
- From the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
- To confirm, click on the “Refresh Firefox” button, within the confirmation pop-up window.
- Click on the “Finish“ button.
By the time now, your Mac should free from adware and other malicious programs. Most importantly, you should always have a reliable anti-malware with real-time protection features. So, that it can trace the behaviors of unwanted program at its earliest. And quarantine it from being making serious damages.
Double Check for Malicious Files and Enable Safe Browsing Using Intego Internet Security X9
After removing persistent threat Suprotok.xyz, it is important to safe guard the browser. So that such browser hijackers may not enter to your browser like Safari, Chrome , Mozilla.
The Intego Internet security X9 not only provides real-time antivirus protection for Macs. But also scans files whenever they’re accessed to keep your Mac free of malware.
Also, it it integrated with “Safe Browsing” feature that configures advanced browser settings that will prevent redirects to malicious or fraudulent sites, fake downloads and warn you if you visit any harmful site.