What is Super Cleanup?
Super Cleanup is a fake system optimization tool. It claims to detect and fix registry issues and enhance system performance. This registry fixer tool is developed by “Jawego Partners LLC” company. Apart from cleaning registry, it promises to offer other useful features that will enhance the overall system performance.
However, all these claiming are entirely fake and it mere a trick to expose your system to more ad-driven programs. It aims to show false issues of Windows registry and urge users to buy it’s full version program in order to fix the issues. These fake software are aimed to earn profit by showing fake alerts that might appear to be legitimate.
How it gets installed on the computer?
Most of the time, Super Cleanup PUPs are distributed through its official website but you may also get it unknowingly when downloading bundled freeware. Clicking on commercial links and ads. You should not trust third-party links to download any kind of programs. As they often contain additional programs along with.
To avoid this, you should choose Custom/ Advanced installation option while installing any freeware. This will give you the choice to deselect any other unknown program you don’t which to have.
How it can affect your system?
Super Cleanup PUP upon installing acts like any other legitimate system optimization tool. As it keeps its original identity hidden. So, you may get easily get trapped of its claiming.
It presents a full report of system issues that needs to solved immediately. Once you click on the remove or fix button, it will straight away ask you to buy its license version program just like Qbit Optimizer Pro. Only then it will fix all the issues found, this leaves users in huge dilemma. As they are concerned about their system’s security. But if you are thinking of buying Super Cleanup, then you should not do it. It is completely a piece of junk that tricks users by showing fake scan reports. Actually it is aimed to make promote by doing so.
Not only that, Super Cleanup will continue to bother you with lots of alerts and issues till you do not agree to buy. On the other hand, being an adware it distributes variety of advertisement on the browser. You might not get any clue of why you are getting countless ads and redirects on the web browser. But it is just because the presence of Super Cleanup PUP. To prove its legitimacy, it claims of a 60 days money back guarantee. But it should not be trusted, as they are just fake. And it only a part of their promotional scheme. You will get nothing of buying its software.
If you feel your computer performance is degraded, then there are potentially harmful program hidden inside. After that, you can opt for a reliable registry optimizer tool like Reimage, to solve registry issues on your computer.
Note: First make backup of your Registry files before attempting any thing with the Windows Registry.
While, a good Registry cleaner, itself backup your registry files before deleting any fixing any issues. So, it is better to use a genuine Registry cleaner.
How to Remove Super Cleanup Adware
Well, you may find the removal hard as it installs along with other Adware. They often hide few of their program files which makes the manual removal tricky. To completely remove Super Cleanup Adware, you need to isolate its other files from the system and then uninstall. If anything remains within the system, it may install itself again and again.
This guide will help remove the potentially harmful program from the system. And also fix any Registry issues created by this program.
Before you try to remove the virus manually, we suggest you to quickly scan your computer with an effective anti-malware program. This will help you quickly detect any any potentially unwanted program controlling this Adware.
Try Out Quick Removal Of Super Cleanup
To Remove Super Cleanup, follow these steps:
The manual steps below contains the instructions separately to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions. Or you can open it from another uninfected computer or laptop. And follow step-by-step manual removal instruction: Windows OS PDF Guide.
- End Super Cleanup task from the Task Manager;
- Uninstall Super Cleanup from Control panel;
- Scan the computer with HitmanPro.Alert to detect other harmful programs and complete removal of Super Cleanup;
- Run Registry Cleaner to fix any registry issues;
Note: You should be cautious while performing the above manual removal steps.
End Super Cleanup task from the Task Manager:
- Press “Window key+ R” and type “taskmgr” within the search field;
- This will open the task manager window. Switch to “Process” Tab;
- Check for the running process associated with the Adware;
- Once you find it, move the cursor to it and give a right click on it. Now select “Open file location”;
- Then click on “End Task” within the Task manager window;
- Now manually delete the files that you found within the open window;
- Empty the Recycle bin. (For full Guide)
Uninstall Super Cleanup from Control panel
- Click on the Start menu, and type “Control Panel” within the search box. Choose the “Control Panel” from the search results. Or just press “Windows + R“. Type “appwiz.cpl” and press “Enter“. It will open the control panel window.
- Under the “Control Panel” window, choose the “Uninstall a program” option within the“Programs” category.
- This will open the “Programs and Features” window, where you can see the list of installed applications on your system.
- Now, scroll through the list and look for any potentially harmful program or suspicious ones which you don’t recognize. Select it and then click on “Uninstall” button on top menu.
Scan the computer with HitmanPro.Alert to detect other harmful programs and complete removal of Super Cleanup
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Run Registry Cleaner to fix any registry issues
After Removal of the harmful program, it is important to restore the damages done by it. As it attacks windows registry to add its keys and values to execute as the system starts. All these keys may help the program to regenerate its codes.
To repair the registry and restore to its previous state, we recommend the “Reimage Tool“, that cleans all the traces of threat and fix all windows errors.
While we hope this article help you to troubleshoot your issues. But still security experts recommends to stay cautious while downloading any freeware from the web. Always download the software from official websites.