If you have got SearchYa toolbar or search ya extension installed on the browsers without permission, then you must read the article carefully.
What is SearchYa?
SearchYa or “search ya” pretends to be a useful browser extension to help users improve their surfing. Thus, users may download this program as a browser helper object on their installed browsers like Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge. But soon after installing, users may see various uninvited changes to their affected browser browsers. The foremost change is a modification of the default homepage, new tab and search engine. As a consequence users may see hxxp://home.searchya.com as their default address every time they launch their browser.
SearchYa or search ya found to be an ad-supported program that aims to inject advertisements within the search results and other visiting pages. The adware cum browser hijacker program also tracks the browsing behaviors and share the info with other advertisers. Due to which users may see customized ads and sponsored links within the search results page. Clicking on the ads and links will further direct users to third-party sites that loads more advertisements in form of pop-ups, banners, sponsored links and hyperlinked-texts. Not only that, “search ya” redirects the search queries to multiple sites to fetch ads and finally displays the results using Yahoo search service or so.
Users must not trust such ad-supported results as it is only meant to redirect to third-party sites and earn revenue.
How SearchYa Toolbar gets Installed On the Browser?
Usually, the SearchYa Toolbar get installed without being noticed by the users. As it comes bundled along with third-party freeware installers. Such freeware distribution methods drops additional ad-supported programs without asking further permissions. SearchYa or Search ya installs itself as a toolbar to the installed web browsers. It also add its program to the Task scheduler to auto-launch its program. The executable file is installed as “searchyasrv.exe” and usually consumes approximately 3.00 MB of space.
Along with the main executable file, there are also other files that are installed within different directories of the Windows system. The program also has the auto-update feature due to which it keeps checking for its latest version and automatically updates itself with the newest version. SearchYa also keeps running within the background and sends the event logs to its main server. Thus, sharing various system-related information to its authors.
Why You Should Remove SearchYa Adware
SearchYa Toolbar or SearchYa.com is nothing more than an Adware that interfere users while browsing. There are various reasons for which you should quickly uninstall this program:
- Distributed along with third-party links and installs without seeking permission;
- Hijacks the web browsers and changes the default settings like homepage, new tab and search engine;
- Injects intrusive advertisements within the searches and web pages;
- Add other toolbars and quick links within the web browser;
- Redirects to unknown sites to gain fake traffic;
- Tracks the browsing habits and share the info with others.
Apart from the above mentioned behaviors, the presence of SearchYa Adware for long and bring serious threats to the system. It not only hampers the browsing but also negotiates the system resources. As a consequence, users are deviated from free surfing and expose the online privacy.
Fortunately, the security experts keep investigating about the latest threats and find ways to manually remove such potentially unwanted program or adware. But the manual removal can be tricky and involves an understanding of system’s crucial settings like registries, background processes and the difference between system file and malicious files. You have to be patience and follow each and every step carefully.
Caution: At any case, you get stuck or get confused then security experts advise not to play with essential system settings and go for automatic removal solution.
But the best advice any security expert will give you is to deal with them through a reputed and powerful anti-virus/anti-malware program. If your computer is not protected by any active security program, then it may get attacked by any potentially unwanted program(PUP). These PUPs are just the beginning of the annoying and weird circumstances going to occur on your PC. It is a thing of worry for any computer user as it contains our valuable data, browsing preferences and sensitive details and so on.
Thus, it is very important to make sure that your computer or device is protected by a powerful and real-time security program.
In this guide, we have put few recommendations of anti-malware tools and also summed up manual removal solution to clean the computer from any sort of Adware. If you are not sure of the associated files and registries created by SearchYa, then you should first try out scanning your computer with anti-malware. This may help you instantly get rid of the virus.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with SearchYa then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove SearchYa (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for SearchYa and other associated programs.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result about SearchYa along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- Once you have found SearchYa as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on “Next“. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9).
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove SearchYa ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we also recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Boot your Computer to “Safe Mode With Networking“
- Step 2: Remove SearchYa and Other Adware from Browsers
- Step 3: Removing SearchYa from Operating System
- Step 4: Cleaning temporary files of SearchYa and removing unwanted programs left within task manager
- Step 5: Running Full System Scan(Recommended) To Completely Remove SearchYa
You should not skip the full system scan step. As even if you don’t perform the manual steps for removing the Adware, running system scan will automatically detect and remove the threat. Security experts always recommend to do deep system scanning if you are not a technically sound person. All the steps mentioned above needs a good knowledge of system utilities, so if anything goes wrong it will hamper your device.