Is Your default homepage altered to Searchinggood.com? Are you constantly being redirected to unknown pages? Don’t know how do you got it? These activities may leave you puzzled and annoyed. Here is the detailed guide about Adware causing Searchinggood.com redirects.
What is Searchinggood.com?
Searchinggood.com is a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). It comes along with “Flash SD App” browser extension that modifies the browser settings like default search engine, homepage and new tab. Thus, the new tab always redirects to hxxp://Searchinggood.com/ that cannot be altered by simply resetting the browser.
Similar to Feed.game-jungle.com, Informationvine.com, WebmailWorld and many such, Searchinggood.com is also distributed through bundled freeware programs that does not seek user’s permission. It is capable of controlling browsing activities of users and uses the search queries entered by the user to present sponsored links. Not only that, this misleading website shows up lots of pop-ups and ads that can be tricky and annoying. The main intention behind this is to generate traffic for low ranked web pages and earn pay-per-click profit.
Searchinggood.com redirect links could also lead to unknown and harmful web pages. The presence of such browser hijacker programs could be risky as it monitors the online activities of individuals and use them as marketing strategies. If you want to get rid of Searchinggood.com browser hijacker then you need to locate its associated programs and other files and delete them permanently. Quickly follow the removal guide.
Browser hijackers are distributed along with Freeware downloads
Most of the time, user may not know how Searchinggood.com got inside their browser as it comes bundled through freeware installation method known as “bundling”. Once user installs the freeware program, then additional software programs like Searchinggood.com gets automatically installed on the computer system without asking further permissions.
Also, like said above you should be careful while installing any extension to your web browser. In this case, Flash SD App extension causes these troubles.
How Searchinggood.com affects the web browsers?
Once Flash SD App extension is added on the browser either Chrome or Mozilla, it changes the default homepage, new tab and search engine to its own domain.
You may see “Searchinggood.com” or Yahoo search page as your current search engine. This search engine will never deliver trusted search results. And this extension lacks the HTTPS secure connection, which means your searches are not encrypted, so it can be easily traced by third-parties. It can record your surfing habits like:
- Browsing history,
- Visited site info,
- Browser version,
- Searched queries,
- IP address,
- System related information and so on.
Searchinggood.com browser hijacker are aimed to push advertisements within the browser and share the individual’s data for running more advertising campaigns. So, it is better to remove ‘Flash SD App‘ extension from the browser with a powerful and effective anti-spyware tool.
To Manually Remove Searchinggood.com browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Remove Searchinggood.com extension from the web browsers
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for any suspicious extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check the installed extensions and if it stands out to be an Adware/PUP then
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select the ones which are unusual and can be recognized as an Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
Reset web browsers
Scan your computer for complete removal of Searchinggood.com.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Wise Search Adware.
Remove Searchinggood.com using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove Searchinggood.com browser hijacker, but should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. Always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
These bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hope you find this article helpful.