Get Rid Of SearchConverterz Hijacker From Browsers
SearchConverterz is a web extension that aim to serve advertisements within the browser to earn its income. Although, you may install this extension chrome Store hoping it to be useful search tool. However, this is not so, and it is another piece of potentially unwanted program.
Besides feeding unwanted adverts, it also modify browser settings to takes over the homepage and redirects the searches to questionable pages. So after installing this program, it will set the homepage as “SearchConverterz New Tab“and replace the search engine as “portal.searchconverterz.com.”
Worth mentioning, that the program fails to provide any useful information, rather loads intrusive ads, sponsored links within the search results windows displayed.
Usually, such programs do not allow to switch back to default browser settings. Thus, it is advised to uninstall this dubious extension to browse freely.
|Fake Browser Extension, Browser Hijacker, Search Redirect, Hijacker, Toolbar, Homepage/ New Tab
|It is a bogus extension that promotes fake search engine to display manipulates search results.
|Freeware downloads via unofficial websites, Visiting suspicious pages and clicking on ads, Browser Redirection to questionable sites.
|Changes in default settings of browsers, ads appear frequently, browser becomes unstable.
Run A Scan Now– To Eliminate SearchConverterz hijacker and reset browser.
How “SearchConverterz” Redirects occurs?
Users often install apps like these from their homepage, Chrome Store as well as promotional links on third-party sites. While browsing, we encounter sites that asks us to download and install additional programs to access the content on their website. Even such promotional tactics is seen with fake flash player installers.
When users install updates from scam sites, they contains other adware/PUA bundled within the installer. So, if users do not uncheck the option of additional program installation, then they may get easily installed on the system.
Other than that, the distribute the ad-driven programs, their authors deploy them within free software download platforms. As such when users download any freeware from such portals, then it comes in bundled form containing additional program conceals within the main installer. The software promoters often do this to monetize their service.
So, beware users when you next time download any freeware, as they may install other unwanted program, which may not initially appear to be harmful. But soon, they attempt to take over the browser and interfere with the browsing activities.
How Do SearchConverterz Redirect Affects The Browsing?
Although, SearchConverterz may appear to be normal search engine. However, by installing you will see your favorite homepage, new tab and search engine changed. Thus, each time you launch your browser, you see portal.searchconverterz.com as default search engine.
While opening the new tab, it may automatically launch its homepage, and search queries entered will be redirected to feed.searchconverterz.com search bar.
Further, it redirects the queries to multiple sites to fetch ad-supported results. However, the final results is delivered using search.yahoo.com, as such fake search engines does not have the ability to generate organic results. So, often these dubious programs take advantage of other genuine search engine to display the end result.
Thus, the SearchConverterz focuses to deliver sponsored results based on the search queries of users. This is how the adware programs boost the traffic of sponsored sites. For which they earn commission by ads clicked by the user.
Moreover, the adware have data-tracking capabilities. Thus, this one no different. So it may also silently record most of the browsing data, that are misused by third-party advertisers to deliver ruthless ads.
Thus, users should quickly uninstall SearchConverterz extension and its associated programs as soon as possible.
How To Remove SearchConverterz Hijacker?
Browser hijackers are designed in such a way that don’t allow users to reset their settings back. As they also alter system settings that launches the extension each time user opens it browser. You may face trouble uninstalling such extension or its homepage from the browser, as it configures system settings, add registry entries and creates task scheduler that runs its program within the background. This makes the manual removal a tricky process.
Thus, here is both the manual and automatic removal solution provided to help get rid of SearchConverterz hijacker.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove SearchConverterz (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs. It uses advance threat detection method to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
Besides that, it provides 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks. Thus, keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer add an extra security layer.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter 5
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for SearchConverterz and other associated programs.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result about SearchConverterz along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- Once you have found SearchConverterz as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on “Next“. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. It has a “Select All” feature that allows to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9).
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
Remove SearchConverterz browser hijacker Manually
To Manually Remove SearchConverterz browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
Step1: Remove SearchConverterz extension And Homepage from the web browsers
To Remove SearchConverterz related Extension follow the steps:
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for SearchConverterz related extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- In the Settings page, under Appearance Tab, check the Show Home Button box.
- Remove the SearchConverterz homepage address.
- Type in your favorite homepage URL as default home page.
- Next click on “Manage Search Engine”.
- It will show all search engines installed, select the one which appears to be virus or suspicious.
- To remove it, click on the three dots, choose “Remove from list;
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check for SearchConverterz;
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- Again open main menu. And select “Options” then switch to the “General Tab” and reset the default homepage or simply go to URL “about:preferences#home”.
- You can simply “Restore Defaults” or set your custom homepage. follow the below image.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select SearchConverterz or other Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
- On the same very window, click on “Search Providers”;
- You will see the list of search engines, choose the ones which you like to “set as default”;
Step 2: Reset web browsers
To Remove SearchConverterz homepage from web browsers, it is better to reset the browsers one-by-one. These are the separate guide designed to reset the browsers to its default settings. And also contains Advanced browser settings, so that these stuffs don’t bother you again.
Step 3: Uninstall SearchConverterz/ suspicious program from your computer
- In the taskbar, click on the “Search” icon. And Type “Apps And Features;”
- When the “Apps And Features” window opens, you can see the list of applications installed;
- Go through it carefully and search for SearchConverterz or other apps that looks suspicious to you. If you don’t remember to install yourself;
- If you find such, click on it to expand; And click on “Uninstall”.
- Repeat for all such apps.
If the program does not allow you to remove it, or says the program is running in the background. Then you need to first finish the task from the task manager.
How To End A Task From Task Manager
- Press “Window key+ R” and type “taskmgr”.
- Now once the task manager window opens, perform these steps:
- Under the process tab, check for the suspicious program still running;
- If you find it, right click on the name and select “Open file location”;
- Then click on “End Task”;
- Now go to the file location window opened and select the program and delete that file.
Now, follow the above steps to uninstall the suspicious program from your system.
Step 4: Scan your computer for complete removal of SearchConverterz.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of SearchConverterz Adware.
Remove SearchConverterz using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat. Including crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
Thus, running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
This is the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove SearchConverterz browser hijacker. But you should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. So, always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
Most often, these bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Therefore, it is better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hopefully, you may find this article helpful.