If your browser’s default settings is changed to Search.hgetnewsfast.com, then it is because of Adware intrusion on your computer. Here is the detailed guide about Adware causing Search.hgetnewsfast.com redirects.
What is Search.hgetnewsfast.com?
Search.hgetnewsfast.com is an awful search engine that will never display useful results and keep redirecting the requested URLs to unknown web addresses. Search.hgetnewsfast.com mounts as an illegitimate search helper program while you download “Get News Fast” extension on your browser. This extension is promoted as a helpful tool that will help users to get instant news directly on their homepage.
But this is actually an ad-supported program that changes the browser settings without user’s consent. And thus, your search queries will be redirected to hxxps://search.hgetnewsfast.com or hxxps://query.hgetnewsfast.com.
But the end result is displayed using Yahoo search service. But in the meanwhile, it sends the search queries to multiple sites to fetch third-party links. Thus, the final result which you get is totally misleading. There are plenty of unknown links and third-party pages shown within the search results which aims to trick into installing further harmful programs.
How Search.hgetnewsfast.com affects the web browsers?
Search.hgetnewsfast.com uses the search queries entered by the user to readdress to third party sites in order to create fake web traffic for dubious sites. Besides that, users suffering from Search.hgetnewsfast.com browser hijacker could see plenty of banners, coupons and commercial ads at the time of surfing. This could seriously affect user’s online activities and mislead of resources.
What’s worse, Search.hgetnewsfast.com forces users to download other Adware program that silently install as toolbars, extensions and fake applications. These programs track users surfing habits and gather as much information as they can. These info are further used for serving various advertisements.
Search.hgetnewsfast.com or “Get News Fast” extension is distributed through unsafe downloads of freeware, spam email attachments, and other unreliable sources. Thus users need to pay more attention while surfing. Users must always opt for custom or advanced installation option while installing any freeware. To avoid accidental install of such adware and browser hijackers.
To Manually Remove Search.hgetnewsfast.com browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Remove Search.hgetnewsfast.com extension from the web browsers
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for any suspicious extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check the installed extensions and if it stands out to be an Adware/PUP then
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select the ones which are unusual and can be recognized as an Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
Reset web browsers
Scan your computer for complete removal of Search.hgetnewsfast.com.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Wise Search Adware.
Remove Search.hgetnewsfast.com using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove Search.hgetnewsfast.com browser hijacker, but should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. Always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
These bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hope you find this article helpful.