Search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com is a browser hijacker designed to take over the browsing. If you are also noticing this search program and don’t have any idea how it got inside your computer. Then you must read this article.
What is Search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com?
Search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com is an annoying search engine offered by Earth And Satellite Maps extension. This extensions can be installed on any of the web browsers. And once installed, it alters crucial browser settings like homepage and search engine without user’s consent. Search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com is considered to be a browser hijacker that aims to deliver advertisements within the searches performed by the user. Thus, users may not get any useful information out of this search engine and often face redirection issue.
Users may feel puzzled after seeing their browser completely altered by some unknown one. Even if you try to reset your browser settings back to default, it won’t allow you to do so. As Earth And Satellite Maps is an Adware that is capable to change system settings like modifying registry entry, schedule auto-launch, browser’s shortcuts and many such. Thus, if you want to switch back to your favorite search engine and get rid of all these annoyances then you should immediately use automatic removal tool.
As said earlier Search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com is normally dropped along with any dubious browser extension like Earth And Satellite Maps. It most often promoted through ads and also available for free download to some third-party sites. User often do not read its terms and conditions of download and quickly agree to install them.
This makes Search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com arrival easier and silently achieve its evil motive.
Browser Hijacker Aims To Take Over Web Browsers
Apart from modifying the homepage and new tab of the affected browser, Search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com will also insert its addon/extensions, modify bookmarks and redirect to annoying pages each time user set to surf. Thus, you will find your webpage every time redirecting you to unknown web domains which are against your wish.
Search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com hijacker will never show useful results and instead line up lots of commercial contents like ads, pop-ups and redirecting links that will make browsing too difficult for you. Sometimes, it may encourage the download of third-party programs that leads to other infections on the computer.
Thus, it is no surprise if you start noticing strange behavior on your computer like sluggish performance, application crash down and file missing. It is thus better to use effective removal tool to scan and remove all Adware.
To Manually Remove Search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Remove Search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com extension from the web browsers
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for any suspicious extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check the installed extensions and if it stands out to be an Adware/PUP then
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select the ones which are unusual and can be recognized as an Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
Reset web browsers
Scan your computer for complete removal of Search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Wise Search Adware.
Remove Search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove Search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com browser hijacker, but should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. Always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
These bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hope you find this article helpful.