If your browser is infected with Search.hdownloadconverter.com, you will find your homepage, new tab and default search engine altered.
What is Search.hdownloadconverter.com?
Search.hdownloadconverter.com is a browser hijacker that captures the browsers and delivers fake search results. The very first sign of being infected with browser hijackers is change of default homepage with hxxps://search.hdownloadconverter.com. Certainly, many users don’t understand how Search.hdownloadconverter.com penetrated into their system. It mostly happens due to hook up pf any fake browser extension and in this case “Download Converter” is responsible for the unexpected changes you are seeing on your browser.
Such extensions are actually an Adware program that are usually distributed along with bundled programs which users download from third-party sites. You often get this extension while clicking on any fake ads or links on unknown websites. However, “Download Converter” extension may trick you by claiming to be useful. But is actually worthless.
How Search.hdownloadconverter.com affects the web browsers?
Like Search.hgetnewsfast.com, Search.hfindmyancestry.co and Search.hearthandsatellitemaps.com Search.hdownloadconverter.com hijacker also aims to push third-party sponsored ads and links within the search results. This makes the motive clear that is only dedicated to gain traffic for third-party sites and earn their commission. These programs never care about user’s online security and privacy.
They even encourage the download of some potentially harmful programs that disguise while being redirected to third-party sites. Such things not only distracts users but also makes browser dull and non-responsive. To stop being redirected to Search.hdownloadconverter.com users must uninstall all PUPs from their PC.
To Manually Remove Search.hdownloadconverter.com browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Remove Search.hdownloadconverter.com extension from the web browsers
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for any suspicious extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check the installed extensions and if it stands out to be an Adware/PUP then
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select the ones which are unusual and can be recognized as an Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
Reset web browsers
Scan your computer for complete removal of Search.hdownloadconverter.com.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Wise Search Adware.
Remove Search.hdownloadconverter.com using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove Search.hdownloadconverter.com browser hijacker, but should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. Always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
These bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hope you find this article helpful.