Are you facing constant redirection to Quintag.com? If you are not able to stop it manually, it means your browser is infected with potentially harmful program. Follow the step-by-step removal.
Quintag.com-What is it?
Quintag.com is an uncertain URL that restricts from surfing freely. This notorious domain is responsible for redirecting the browsing pages to multiple new tabs. While surfing, this domain may send the search queries to multiple site and finally redirect to Google or yahoo search page to present the search results. It means the
Quintag.com manipulates the genuine search services and drops unwanted links within. This may provoke users to visit malicious sites showing pop-ups and irrelevant links. It can occur to any of the web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge.
The redirect page appears as:
Users might think of them to be useful and might click on those ads to get any worthy deal. But upon clicking on them could could further redirect to annoying websites and trick to grab all the important data including IP address, browser version, visited URL info, search history and so on.
Quintag.com redirection can occur while installing freeware from fake download sites and spam links. Once infected, this nasty domain will redirect to annoying pages each time user set to surf. Thus, you will find your web page every time redirecting you to unknown web domains which are against your wish. Quintag.com phishing domain will line up lots of commercial contents like ads, pop-ups and redirecting links that will make browsing too difficult for you.
Hence, users who have accidentally got Quintag.com redirect virus must remove it quickly.
Remove Quintag.com pop-up virus
Quintag.com is just like any other fake domain that messes up entire browser and pose risk to privacy of individual. The constant appearance of pop-ups and redirects from Quintag.com may slowly hamper the performance of the system. It will make the situation worse for you. As it is managed by any Adware that modifies system and browser settings to automatically redirect to questionable sites. These redirection and pop-ups will continue to bother users until all the traces of the threat not be removed permanently.
The safest way to deal with Quintag.com pop-up virus is to scan your infected device with effective anti-malware program. As it is not possible to manually trace the harmful program files and its behaviors. A powerful anti-malware program can easily detect and remove Quintag.com and its sources effectively.
You can try out Spyhunter to scan your infected system and detect the Adware triggering Quintag.com pop-ups.
If you already know about the infectious behaviors of Adware then you can try out the manual removal solution provided here.
To remove Quintag.com pop-ups from your Windows PC, follow the steps below:
- Block Pop-ups notifications from Quintag.com
- Remove Quintag.com from browser’s shortcut.
- Remove Quintag.com and other Adware from windows
- Reset web browsers
- Use HitmanPro.Alert to scan and remove Quintag.com.
Note: You should be cautious while performing the above manual removal of Quintag.com pop-ups virus.
Block the permission for the site to show push notifications from web browsers:
- Open chrome menu by clicking on three vertical dots on top-right corner. Click on “Settings“.
- On Chrome’s “Settings” Page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced“.
- Navigate to “Privacy and Security” section, now click on “Content settings“.
- Click on “Notifications“. You will see list of websites that are allowed to show notifications.
- Search for “Quintag.com” website and click three vertical dots beside it, then click on “Remove”. This will prevent to show any push notification.(temporarily)
- Open Firefox menu by clicking on click on three horizontal lines. And choose “Options”.
- On the left side of the page, choose “Privacy & Security”.
- Go to “Permissions” section and within the Notifications menu choose “Settings” next to it.
- Locate “Quintag.com” website, and choose “block” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save Changes” button.
- On the top-right part of the browser, click on gear icon to open the menu.
- Select “Internet Options“.
- Navigate to “Privacy” tab, now choose “Pop-up Blockers” section and click on “Settings”.
- Locate for Quintag.com website and click on the Remove button.
- Open Microsoft Edge Menu button, by clicking on three horizontal dots. Choose Settings from the menu.
- Click on “Advanced” from the left side of the window.
- Under the “Website permission” section, click on “Manage permission“.
- Locate Quintag.com website and click on the X (Clear) button.
Remove browser shortcuts from opening web address.
- Right on the web browser shortcut on your desktop;
- Choose “Properties”;
- On the shortcut tab, within the “target” section, search for Quintag.com address after “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” ???.
- If you find anything apart from above, then delete it.
- Repeat with all the installed web browsers.
Remove Unwanted programs/Adware from control Panel.
- Click on “Start“, then type “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Choose the “Uninstall a program“.
- Choose the program you want to uninstall from the list and click on “Uninstall” button on top. (Most of the time malicious program will not allow you to manually remove the programs. So you can the help of Express uninstaller tool.)
Reset web browsers
Remove Quintag.com using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Do not click on “Allow” button to the Push notifications.
- Avoid opening spam mail attachments, this is the common way through virus intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.