If you are getting push notifications from Push-checking.com, then its a thing of worry. As it is an ad-supported program that aims to distribute variety of worthless ads. What is it? How it appeared and what affect it can have on the computer?
All you want to know about Push-checking.com.
Push-checking.com-What is it?
Push-checking.com is a misleading web domain that throws annoying pop-ups on the browser. This is an ad-supported website that tricks users into dropping various advertisement contents all over the browser.
It may ask users to subscribe for its push notifications to get regular updates of the contents from Push-checking.com. But this is not alone, there are plenty of such commercial websites that aims to push pop-up notifications while browsing. You may encounter similar pop-ups from Vercallactont.com, Solvability.biz, YtMp3.cc, Aqua1man.net, Checkupdatebestflashselect.icu and Natintersuptors.info.
The presence of Push-checking.com means that your browser is controlled by any Adware that needs to be removed first, to end up Push-checking.com redirects. This article has got the quick workable solution to end up your trouble.
Why am I getting these pop-ups?
You might have been redirected to this suspicious web page while visiting any malicious web page, clicking on any unverified link, fake downloads or visiting Adult sites.
When infected with Push-checking.com, you will see new tab redirecting to this web address that says “Click To Allow For notifications” with two choices “Cancel” or “Allow”. You might want to click on “cancel” hoping to get rid of this alert, but this is not so easy. Push-checking.com will keep appearing again and again as it loads java script code on each time user request for any page.
Push-checking.com Infectious Behavior
Push-checking.com is being used to drop malicious extensions or programs to the PC. This can infect the target PC with potentially harmful programs and carry out harmful actions against the wish of users.
Push-checking.com may also mount any forged Google chrome extension that uses deceptive means to be installed on the browser. And if somehow got inside your PC, then it will hassle your with lots of malicious actions like:
- Advertisements, sponsored links and banners are inserted within the visited web pages;
- Random redirection to questionable pages that shows fake pop-ups like updates, Install program;
- Browsing keywords silently being tracked and shared to advertising parties to drop more advertising;
- While surfing some texts or phrases automatically changed into hyperlinks that force the browser to open up redirected pages;
It is strongly recommended not to perform any actions on Push-checking.com redirect page. Quickly follow the removal steps.
Remove Push-checking.com pop-up virus
The safest way to deal with Push-checking.com pop-up virus is to scan your infected device with effective anti-malware program. As it is not possible to manually trace the harmful program files and its behaviors. A powerful anti-malware program can easily detect and remove Push-checking.com and its sources effectively.
You can try out spyhunter to scan your infected system and detect the Adware triggering Push-checking.com pop-ups.
Quick Way To Remove Push-checking.com
If you already know about the infectious behaviors of Adware then you can try out the manual removal solution provided here.
To remove Push-checking.com pop-ups from your Windows PC, follow the steps below:
- Block Pop-ups notifications from Push-checking.com
- Remove Push-checking.com from browser’s shortcut.
- Remove Push-checking.com and other Adware from windows
- Reset web browsers
- Use HitmanPro.Alert to scan and remove Push-checking.com.
Note: You should be cautious while performing the above manual removal of Push-checking.com pop-ups virus.
Block the permission for the site to show push notifications from web browsers:
- Open chrome menu by clicking on three vertical dots on top-right corner. Click on “Settings“.
- On Chrome’s “Settings” Page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced“.
- Navigate to “Privacy and Security” section, now click on “Content settings“.
- Click on “Notifications“. You will see list of websites that are allowed to show notifications.
- Search for “Push-checking.com” website and click three vertical dots beside it, then click on “Remove”. This will prevent to show any push notification.(temporarily)
- Open Firefox menu by clicking on click on three horizontal lines. And choose “Options”.
- On the left side of the page, choose “Privacy & Security”.
- Go to “Permissions” section and within the Notifications menu choose “Settings” next to it.
- Locate “Push-checking.com” website, and choose “block” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save Changes” button.
- On the top-right part of the browser, click on gear icon to open the menu.
- Select “Internet Options“.
- Navigate to “Privacy” tab, now choose “Pop-up Blockers” section and click on “Settings”.
- Locate for Push-checking.com website and click on the Remove button.
- Open Microsoft Edge Menu button, by clicking on three horizontal dots. Choose Settings from the menu.
- Click on “Advanced” from the left side of the window.
- Under the “Website permission” section, click on “Manage permission“.
- Locate Push-checking.com website and click on the X (Clear) button.
Remove browser shortcuts from opening web address.
- Right on the web browser shortcut on your desktop;
- Choose “Properties”;
- On the shortcut tab, within the “target” section, search for Push-checking.com address after “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” ???.
- If you find anything apart from above, then delete it.
- Repeat with all the installed web browsers.
Remove Unwanted programs/Adware from control Panel.
- Click on “Start“, then type “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Choose the “Uninstall a program“.
- Choose the program you want to uninstall from the list and click on “Uninstall” button on top. (Most of the time malicious program will not allow you to manually remove the programs. So you can the help of Express uninstaller tool.)
Reset web browsers
Remove Push-checking.com using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Do not click on “Allow” button to the Push notifications.
- Avoid opening spam mail attachments, this is the common way through virus intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.