If you are encountering “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” pop-ups, it means your browser is infected.
To scan and check if your system is infected- ∇ REMOVE IT NOW
IS “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” a Legit Warning?
“PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” is a deceptive warning that pretends to be from Microsoft. It displays a full page warnings to users informing that their system is locked. The reason it states is the user browsing some pornographic websites. Due to which the computer is infected and the financial data may be at risk.
Thus, users should not try to close this page or restart their system. Hence, users need to immediately call on the provided number to prevent the data loss.
The Full text by shown by the fraud pop-ups will appear as:
PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT
This computer has been LOCKED
Do not close this window or restart your computer without calling support
We have locked this computer for your security
you have been browsing unsafe pornographic websites.
Your computer has been infected.
Contact the Microsoft helpline to reactive your computer.
Failure to call will result in a notice being sent to your residence.
Microsoft Security Tollfree:
Microsoft Support Alert
We Have Detected A Virus From A Pornographic Website
It might corrupt your data and track your financial activities.
Please report this activity to Microsoft
The scammers behind this, uses the scare tactics to attract users. In order to trick them, it pretends to be from Microsoft. However, these are only fraudulent warnings triggered by some malicious websites. Calling on the provided number may trick in many ways:
- They attempt to sell their worthless services as one-time subscriptions;
- May install harmful program like Trojans, key-logger or ransomware;
- Steal sensitive data like credit card info, logins and so on.
Thus, users should never trust on these fraud warnings immediately seek for removal.
How “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” spread?
User may unexpectedly start receiving such warnings from a redirect page. It can occur surprisingly while clicking on any infectious link or website. Thus, user may randomly being redirected to some fraudulent sites.
Secondly, if the system has got some potentially unwanted program installed in the form of Adware. When it comes to Adware, they are capable to attack the browser and causes redirection. Thus, you should immediately close the deceptive page. However, if it still appears, then you need a trusted anti-malware scanner to locate the harmful program and remove with all their traces to stop browser redirects.
How To Stop Browser Redirects To “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” site?
You should not click on the allow button on the page. However, you have already done so, then you need to remove the permissions granted, scan the system to remove adware and its components from the system.
To remove “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” pop-ups from your Windows PC, follow the steps below:
- Block Pop-ups notifications from “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT”
- Remove “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” from browser’s shortcut.
- Remove “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” and other Adware from windows
- Reset web browsers
- Use Anti-malware to scan and remove “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” .
Note: You should be cautious while performing the above manual removal of “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” pop-ups virus.
Block the permission for “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” site to show push notifications from web browsers:
- Open chrome menu by clicking on three vertical dots on top-right corner. Click on “Settings“.
- On Chrome’s “Settings” Page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced“.
- Navigate to “Privacy and Security” section, now click on “Content settings“.
- Click on “Notifications“. You will see list of websites that are allowed to show notifications.
- Search for ““PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” ” website and click three vertical dots beside it, then click on “Remove”. This will prevent to show any push notification.(temporarily)
- Open Firefox menu by clicking on click on three horizontal lines. And choose “Options”.
- On the left side of the page, choose “Privacy & Security”.
- Go to “Permissions” section and within the Notifications menu choose “Settings” next to it.
- Locate ““PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” ” website, and choose “block” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save Changes” button.
- On the top-right part of the browser, click on gear icon to open the menu.
- Select “Internet Options“.
- Navigate to “Privacy” tab, now choose “Pop-up Blockers” section and click on “Settings”.
- Locate for “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” website and click on the Remove button.
- Open Microsoft Edge Menu button, by clicking on three horizontal dots. Choose Settings from the menu.
- Click on “Advanced” from the left side of the window.
- Under the “Website permission” section, click on “Manage permission“.
- Locate “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” website and click on the X (Clear) button.
Remove “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” browser shortcuts from opening web address.
- Right on the web browser shortcut on your desktop;
- Choose “Properties”;
- On the shortcut tab, within the “target” section, search for malicious address after “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” ???.
- If you find anything apart from above, then delete it.
- Click on “Apply” and “Ok“.
- Repeat with all the installed web browsers.
Remove Unwanted programs/Adware Associated With “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” .
- In the taskbar, click on the “Search” icon. And Type “Apps And Features;”
- When the “Apps And Features” window opens, you can see the list of applications installed;
- Go through it carefully and search for “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” related apps that looks suspicious to you. If you don’t remember to install yourself;
- If you find such, click on it to expand; And click on “Uninstall”.
- Repeat for all such apps.
If the program does not allow you to remove it, or says the program is running in the background. Then you need to first finish the task from the task manager.
How To End A Task From Task Manager
- Press “Window key+ R” and type “taskmgr”.
- Now once the task manager window opens, perform these steps:
- Under the process tab, check for the suspicious program still running;
- If you find it, right click on the name and select “Open file location”;
- Then click on “End Task”;
- Now go to the file location window opened and select the program and delete that file.
Now, follow the above steps to uninstall the suspicious program from your system.
Reset web browsers
Remove “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” using Using Anti-malware scan
“Windows OS: Scan And Remove “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” Using SpyHunter(Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for malicious program.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result about “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- Once you have found “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on “Next“. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9).
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
Scan And Remove “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” Adware Using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat. Including crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
Thus, running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”; The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
- Choose Protection level as Maximum
- And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
- HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are here. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quarantine, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
This is the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove “PORNOGRAPHIC VIRUS ALERT FROM MICROSOFT” browser hijacker. But you should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. So, always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
Most often, these bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Therefore, it is better to opt for an Advanced or Custom installation procedure to avoid the installation of unknown programs.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Do not click on “Allow” button to the Push notifications.
- Avoid opening spam mail attachments, this is the common way through virus intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, remove pornographic virus alert from Microsoft you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.