What is .poop files on my folders? Why am not able to access my files? How to remove .poop file virus and recover my files back?
.poop File Virus:
The .poop is the file extension used by the hackers to encrypt files on the target system. The new ransomware detected by the security experts belongs to the family of HiddenTear ransomware. According to the reports, .poop file virus uses AES-256 encryption algorithm to encrypt the files and lock them with .poop extension.
Like any other ransomware, the authors of .poop ransomware also aims to extort money from victims of the ransomware as a file decryption tool. After encrypting the files, the ransomware drops a ransom note to instruct the victim about how to restore the files back.
The ransom demanded by the extortionist is 0.122 BTC(Bitcoins) within the provided hackers wallet address. According to the ransom note, the authors of the ransomware asks the victim to send the screenshot of the of the payment done. Then only the hackers will provide the decryption key.
.poop Ransomware virus Distribution methods:
The .poop ransomware attacks the computer system when the user unknowingly open any infected email attachment that contains the payloads of the virus. The attached document may appear to be legitimate like any fax, shipment details, invoices and important document from renowned company. Once the user open the infected attachment, the payload of the malware installs on the threat on the computer. Other sources also include fake downloads, crack of software, pirated video downloads, patches and so on.
After the computer is infected with .poop ransomware, the virus scans the system directories and folders to find documents, images, videos, PDFs and so on. It uses AES-256 encryption algorithm to encrypt the files on the system by locks them using .poop extension.
The ransom note appears as:
The security experts never recommend paying the ransom. As the security experts always analyze the threat and later openly publish the decryption code. Thus, paying the ransom may only encourage the hackers to accomplish more such actions. It is better to remove .poop file ransomware and try to restore the files from backup or recovery tools.
How To Remove .poop Ransomware virus Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of .poop Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Use Ransomware Defender To Remove .poop Ransomware(Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Run Scan To Detect .poop Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove .poop ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Manually Find And Remove .poop (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove .poop Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager“
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove .poop Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.