What is PCActivator process? Why you are getting PCActivator error? How to stop PCActivator errors?
PCActivator is a system optimizer tool that claims to enhance the performance of the computer system. It scans the device for registry issues, performance slowdown, apps errors, system crashes and so on. But it is not surprising to say that PCActivator is just a potentially unwanted program that is distributed along with freeware downloads.
Further, this rogue-ware may deliver fake scan reports to show non-existing errors on the device and ask user to register for its full-version to solve the issues.
However, its features seems to be useful but is nothing more than a PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application). As its main concern is to earn profit by making users purchase its worthless application. There are lots of similar fake system optimization tool being spread through the process of bundling like RegEasyFixer, Dr. Wolf Internet Security, Registry Doctor, TopShape, Super Cleanup and Qbit Optimizer Pro.
All these applications tend to be useful and legitimate, but are just worthless. They are meant to scare users by showing lots errors that are merely designed by their author. To make users believe and urge them to purchase its full program. Until you do that, it will keep running within the background consuming lots of system resources and interfere by showing pop-ups.
Furthermore, PCActivator always shows up nasty updates fetching from its main server and also keep on updating its tools and services which takes lots of system resources and space. Along with that, PCActivator uses tracking codes to read user’s web records and important surfing habits to aid other advertisers push numerous marketing schemes. You may have tried removing PCActivator manually, but it won’t go away easily. As it edits registry entries, runs various process threads and schedules auto-start up of its program that makes manual removal tricky. You need to isolate the program from running and then remove it.
Thus, you need an effective removal tool that can scan through the internal drives and locate all components of PCActivator rogue-ware and securely delete them without affecting the other ones.
Why You Should Remove PCActivator Adware
From the above analysis on PCActivator clearly depicts that it is a risky stuff whose presence for long on the system not only annoys you but also put your privacy at risk. Adware like PCActivator can be very annoying and its presence can haunt any computer user. As it does too many annoying activities on your PC without any permission. And the most irritating thing about Adware is that makes the removal process tricky as they are not always visible to you. So, if you are also dealing with the same issues because of this nasty program, then you should take on proper removal steps to get rid of this as soon as possible.
Fortunately, the security experts keep investigating about the latest threats and find ways to manually remove such potentially unwanted program or adware. But the manual removal can be tricky and involves an understanding of system’s crucial settings like registries, background processes and the difference between system file and malicious files. You have to be patience and follow each and every step carefully.
Caution: At any case, you get stuck or get confused then security experts advise not to play with essential system settings and go for automatic removal solution.
But the best advice any security expert will give you is to deal with them through a reputed and powerful anti-virus/anti-malware program. If your computer is not protected by any active security program, then it may get attacked by any potentially unwanted program(PUP). These PUPs are just the beginning of the annoying and weird circumstances going to occur on your PC. It is a thing of worry for any computer user as it contains our valuable data, browsing preferences and sensitive details and so on.
Thus, it is very important to make sure that your computer or device is protected by a powerful and real-time security program.
In this guide, we have put few recommendations of anti-malware tools and also summed up manual removal solution to clean the computer from any sort of Adware. If you are not sure of the associated files and registries created by PCActivator, then you should first try out scanning your computer with anti-malware. This may help you instantly get rid of the virus.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with PCActivator then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove PCActivator (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for PCActivator and other associated programs.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result about PCActivator along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- Once you have found PCActivator as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on “Next“. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9).
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove PCActivator ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we also recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Boot your Computer to “Safe Mode With Networking“
- Step 2: Remove PCActivator and Other Adware from Browsers
- Step 3: Removing PCActivator from Operating System
- Step 4: Cleaning temporary files of PCActivator and removing unwanted programs left within task manager
- Step 5: Running Full System Scan(Recommended) To Completely Remove PCActivator
You should not skip the full system scan step. As even if you don’t perform the manual steps for removing the Adware, running system scan will automatically detect and remove the threat. Security experts always recommend to do deep system scanning if you are not a technically sound person. All the steps mentioned above needs a good knowledge of system utilities, so if anything goes wrong it will hamper your device.