What is Ouo.io? This article shows brief information of the Ouo.io redirect page and how it arrives, what affect it does and guides the step-by-step removal solution.
Ouo.io-What is it?
Ouo.io is a misleading web page that floods the whole browser with lots of sponsored ads and advertising contents. These ads and links intends to redirect users to unsolicited and malicious websites. This causes lots of trouble for users while surfing. Ouo.io redirect can occur on any of the web browser like Chrome, Mozilla and Internet Explorer. This spiteful web page may appear while visiting any questionable links, downloading freeware or clicking on pop-ups. Ouo.io redirection is mainly caused due to Adware controlling the browser. The only way to get rid of this serious browsing issue is to download automatic removal tool.
Ouo.io shows attractive ads to make users believe on its contents and once user click on the links to get more information, it further redirects to third-party web page. It also asks users to click on the allow button to show push notifications anytime anywhere.
Once you click on allow, Ouo.io will attempt to control the whole browser by manipulating its settings. Thus, it will easily load up numerous pop-ups, transitional ads and video floating ads. These ads usually put extra payload on the affected browser appearing it to crash down. This fraudulent web page add target URL to the browser start-up, thus to launch automatically whenever user launch its browser.
Additionally, Ouo.io injects codes to keep a track on browsing habits of users and collect all sensitive data and transmit those to third party. To stop Ouo.io pop-ups, you need to completely remove all potentially unwanted programs from your PC as soon as possible.
You can try out Spyhunter to scan your infected system and detect the Adware triggering Ouo.io pop-ups.
If you already know about the infectious behaviors of Adware then you can try out the manual removal solution provided here.
To remove Ouo.io pop-ups from your Windows PC, follow the steps below:
- Block Pop-ups notifications from Ouo.io
- Remove Ouo.io from browser’s shortcut.
- Remove Ouo.io and other Adware from windows
- Reset web browsers
- Use HitmanPro.Alert to scan and remove Ouo.io.
Note: You should be cautious while performing the above manual removal of Ouo.io pop-ups virus.
Block the permission for the site to show push notifications from web browsers:
- Open chrome menu by clicking on three vertical dots on top-right corner. Click on “Settings“.
- On Chrome’s “Settings” Page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced“.
- Navigate to “Privacy and Security” section, now click on “Content settings“.
- Click on “Notifications“. You will see list of websites that are allowed to show notifications.
- Search for “Ouo.io” website and click three vertical dots beside it, then click on “Remove”. This will prevent to show any push notification.(temporarily)
- Open Firefox menu by clicking on click on three horizontal lines. And choose “Options”.
- On the left side of the page, choose “Privacy & Security”.
- Go to “Permissions” section and within the Notifications menu choose “Settings” next to it.
- Locate “Ouo.io” website, and choose “block” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save Changes” button.
- On the top-right part of the browser, click on gear icon to open the menu.
- Select “Internet Options“.
- Navigate to “Privacy” tab, now choose “Pop-up Blockers” section and click on “Settings”.
- Locate for Ouo.io website and click on the Remove button.
- Click on “Advanced” from the left side of the window.
- Under the “Website permission” section, click on “Manage permission“.
- Locate Ouo.io website and click on the X (Clear) button.
Remove browser shortcuts from opening web address.
- Right on the web browser shortcut on your desktop;
- Choose “Properties”;
- On the shortcut tab, within the “target” section, search for Ouo.io address after “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” ???.
- If you find anything apart from above, then delete it.
- Repeat with all the installed web browsers.
Remove Unwanted programs/Adware from control Panel.
- Click on “Start“, then type “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Choose the “Uninstall a program“.
Reset web browsers
Remove Ouo.io using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Do not click on “Allow” button to the Push notifications.
- Avoid opening spam mail attachments, this is the common way through virus intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.