Onlyonesearch.com: Browser Hijacker
Onlyonesearch.com is a browser hijacker that captures the whole browser once came into effect. This program arrives as a search helper when user download any “OnlyOneSearch” extension extension for their browsers like Chrome, Mozilla, IE or opera so on. User might not be prompted before the installation of this extension. As it is bundled within the freeware downloads and does not additional permission to get installed. Once OnlyOneSearch extension is installed, you may see following changes to your browser.
- The default homepage is replaced by Onlyonesearch.com
- The new tab preferences are changed, toolbars are added and search engine redirects to https://www.onlyonesearch.com.
- Search results are often loaded with third-party ads and links.
The presence Onlyonesearch.com could lead to browser redirects, pop-up ads and invite other potentially harmful programs to get installed. It aims to generate fake traffic to its sponsored websites, increase the leads for third-party products and earn commission. It is just a worthless program that will never provide you with helpful results. Thus, users must not delay to remove Onlyonesearch.com browser hijacker as soon as possible.
How Onlyonesearch.com affects the web browsers?
This search helper although does not appear harmful but could misguide user by showing contaminated search results that may not provide the good and filtered information. Instead, it will show up plenty of advertisements, pop-ups, sponsored links and download suggestions while visiting any web page or just surfing.
Not only that, like other browser hijacker, Onlyonesearch.com hijacker also controls your surfing and keeps track of it. It takes the advantage of surfing records of users to send queries to multiple websites and display sponsored ads and links. Clicking on such redirect ads and links may often trick you into purchasing fake products or install any unwanted software program. These activities may often expose the machine for other harmful threats onto the PC.
So, if you wish to switch back to your default browser settings then, quickly perform the removal steps.
To Manually Remove Onlyonesearch.com browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Remove Onlyonesearch.com extension from the web browsers
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for any suspicious extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check the installed extensions and if it stands out to be an Adware/PUP then
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select the ones which are unusual and can be recognized as an Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
Reset web browsers
Scan your computer for complete removal of Onlyonesearch.com.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Wise Search Adware.
Remove Onlyonesearch.com using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove Onlyonesearch.com browser hijacker, but should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. Always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
These bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hope you find this article helpful.