If your Web browser’s default settings is changed to OnlineWorkSuite New Tab, then it is because of Adware intrusion on your computer. Here is the detailed guide about Adware causing OnlineWorkSuite redirects.
What is OnlineWorkSuite?
OnlineWorkSuite is considered as a rogue web extension offered by “Mindspark Interactive“. It is promoted as a helpful extension that allows users to create and edit documents online. But this is just another Adware that does not come alone. Instead, it acts like a browser hijacker that take the full control over the browser by stealthily modifying its settings.
The very sign of your browser being infected is the homepage altered to OnlineWorkSuite New Tab. You may try to manually reset the browser settings but it can appear again and again. This happens because of any Adware controlling the whole browser.
Browser hijackers are distributed along with Freeware downloads
OnlineWorkSuite mostly arrives when the user downloads any fake extension, add-on or toolbar to the browser. Users may also get it on its official website by searching as an online document editor or similar like this. It often comes bundled along with other freeware program. Once you choose you install any freeware without opting for custom installation option, it also installs the additional programs without seeking any permission.
- Avoid downloading updates from fake recommended links that most of the time drop other harmful programs.
- Always perform updates from official websites, this will keep you away from accidental installation of browser hijacker.
- Never visit redirected links or pop-ups that appear unexpectedly while surfing.
- And last but not least, secure your device with powerful anti-virus program that will keep you updated about the current status of the security.
How OnlineWorkSuite affects the web browsers?
Once OnlineWorkSuite toolbar manages to enter through such unknown programs. After that, it attacks all the installed web browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge. This fake toolbar is capable to change the default homepage, new tab functionality and default search engine of the affected browsers.
The OnlineWorkSuite New Tab appear as:
It starts to hassle users with misleading search results. Also, the results are loaded with annoying paid links, Ads, banners and sponsored pages. These not only interfere with the browsing but could make browsing dull and sluggish. Not only that, this fake toolbar also adds bookmarks, extensions and other Adware that degrades the overall performance of the browser.
To Manually Remove OnlineWorkSuite browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Remove OnlineWorkSuite extension from the web browsers
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for any suspicious extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check the installed extensions and if it stands out to be an Adware/PUP then
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select the ones which are unusual and can be recognized as an Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
Reset web browsers
Scan your computer for complete removal of OnlineWorkSuite.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Wise Search Adware.
Remove OnlineWorkSuite using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove OnlineWorkSuite browser hijacker, but should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. Always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
These bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hope you find this article helpful.