What is NJoyMovies Search Plus?
NJoyMovies Search Plus is a dubious browser extension that causes fatal redirects. If you have this extension installed on your browser-particularly chrome, then you see your default homepage, new tab and search engine replaced. NJoyMovies Search Plus uses the legitimate yahoo search service to deliver search results. But meanwhile, it sends the search queries to multiple sites to fetch related advertisements.
Thus, you will find lots of paid ads, sponsored contents, banners and intrusive advertisements while using the search services of NJoyMovies Search Plus. Let’s dig a little deep to know more about this notorious web extension and how you can get rid of it permanently.
Why I Am Seeing NJoyMovies Search Plus Adware?
NJoyMovies Search Plus uses various social engineering ways to enter inside computer systems. Most of the PUPs are distributed through free software installers that bundle third-party programs within. Users usually search for freeware and shareware program within third-party sites like Media players, drivers, Adobe Reader, Flash player, converters and many so. Once you click to install your main program, the hidden/bundled program automatically gets installed on your computer. This happen without seeking administrative permission and thus user may not idea of its existence. Users are always advised to choose “Custom” or “Advanced” installation option to avoid any unwanted program being installed.
Other way through NJoyMovies Search Plus extension can slip inside is through clicking on ads, pop-ups and banners that we encounter on ad-supported websites. Most often, user may install this extension from Chrome web store as it presents itself to be a useful one. But is nothing more than an annoying stuff.
More details about NJoyMovies Search Plus
NJoyMovies Search Plus browser redirect might also affect your other installed browsers. The NJoyMovies Search Plus extension appears as:
It is advertised as:
"nJoyMovies Search Plus is a powerful search engine, offering you a variety of unique features and search tools. This extension configures your Default Search in Chrome browser to provide these features. After you install nJoyMovies Search Plus, the extension makes Yahoo! your default search engine."
This clearly shows that, by adding this extension it will configure your browser settings according to its preferences.
Once NJoyMovies Search Plus extension is enabled on your browser, it triggers lots of changes to the affected browser. It often alters system settings to make sure user may not be able to remove it by just uninstalling its extension.
Since then, NJoyMovies Search Plus will redirect to its sponsored pages each time you open your browser. It’s no doubt in saying that, it is an Adware cum browser hijacker that is meant to control your entire web browser.
One of its redirect page appears as:
Most often it may redirect you to these websites:
These pages are loaded with advertisements and links that may appear attractive to you. But it is just a trap to make you click on it links and they can take advantage of it in many ways.
- Increase fake traffic of sponsored pages
- Earn pay-per-click revenue by clicks made on its ads.
- Encourage the download of fake software programs;
- Collect non-identifiable information including browsing data and send them to remote server.
While adding this extension to your browser, you unknowingly grant the permission to:
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit
- Change your search settings: movix.searchalgo.com
Thus, every search you make using its search service, will be send to several third-party sites that fetch the keywords and display intrusive advertisements. Thus, all your browsing data are being transferred to the anonymous people. And finally NJoyMovies Search Plus displays the results using Yahoo search.Clicking on any of its links any further load more advertisements from third-party sites and may silently drop malicious codes and program like: Trojan.MSIL.Agent.
If you still using NJoyMovies Search Plus and you are unable to remove it manually then quickly find the solution below.
Why You Should Remove NJoyMovies Search Plus Adware
From the above analysis on NJoyMovies Search Plus clearly depicts that it is a risky stuff whose presence for long on the system not only annoys you but also put your privacy at risk. Adware like NJoyMovies Search Plus can be very annoying and its presence can haunt any computer user. As it does too many annoying activities on your PC without any permission. And the most irritating thing about Adware is that makes the removal process tricky as they are not always visible to you. So, if you are also dealing with the same issues because of this nasty program, then you should take on proper removal steps to get rid of this as soon as possible.
Fortunately, the security experts keep investigating about the latest threats and find ways to manually remove such potentially unwanted program or adware. But the manual removal can be tricky and involves an understanding of system’s crucial settings like registries, background processes and the difference between system file and malicious files. You have to be patience and follow each and every step carefully.
Caution: At any case, you get stuck or get confused then security experts advise not to play with essential system settings and go for automatic removal solution.
But the best advice any security expert will give you is to deal with them through a reputed and powerful anti-virus/anti-malware program. If your computer is not protected by any active security program, then it may get attacked by any potentially unwanted program(PUP). These PUPs are just the beginning of the annoying and weird circumstances going to occur on your PC. It is a thing of worry for any computer user as it contains our valuable data, browsing preferences and sensitive details and so on.
Thus, it is very important to make sure that your computer or device is protected by a powerful and real-time security program.
In this guide, we have put few recommendations of anti-malware tools and also summed up manual removal solution to clean the computer from any sort of Adware. If you are not sure of the associated files and registries created by NJoyMovies Search Plus, then you should first try out scanning your computer with anti-malware. This may help you instantly get rid of the virus.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with NJoyMovies Search Plus then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove NJoyMovies Search Plus (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- SpyHunter 5 groups your scan results into categories determined by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in SpyHunter’s “Quarantine.” If at any time, you would like to restore a previously removed object(s), you can do so through SpyHunter’s “Restore” feature. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove NJoyMovies Search Plus ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we also recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Boot your Computer to “Safe Mode With Networking“
- Step 2: Remove Suspicious Programs from Browsers
- Step 3: Removing Adware from Operating System
- Step 4: Cleaning temporary files and removing unwanted programs left within task manager
- Step 5: Running Full System Scan(Recommended)
You should not skip the full system scan step. As even if you don’t perform the manual steps for removing the Adware, running system scan will automatically detect and remove the threat. Security experts always recommend to do deep system scanning if you are not a technically sound person. All the steps mentioned above needs a good knowledge of system utilities, so if anything goes wrong it will hamper your device.