Is NetSupport Manager is trying to remotely access your machine? If you did not choose to install yourself, then you must read this guide to know the reality behind it.
NetSupport Manager- Is is legit?
NetSupport Manager is a genuine platform developed by “NetSupport Limited“. It works as a remote access tool. It is a cross-platform tool that is compatible to various OS including Windows OS, Linux, Chrome OS, Mac and so. It is used by the admins to remotely access their client’s computer system for any support and service. But other RAT, now it is being misused by the cyber criminals to illegally access the victims systems and exploit it.
The fake version of NetSupport Manager usually spreads via fake update links of flash players, browser versions and spam email links. Once installed on the targeted system, it allow the remote hackers to control the infected machine. After gaining access, NetSupport Manager RAT virus attempts to collect banking information, login and credentials of secure web pages like Emotet-banking Trojan.
Not only that, it can download and install other harmful malware on the negotiated system. Thus, if you have suspected NetSupport Manager fake version app, then you should quickly remove it.
Clicking on Fake Update Links May Drop The Malware
According to the research, NetSupport Manager malware initially targeted countries like USA, Netherlands, and Germany. But it is spreading rapidly worldwide infecting users of various other countries.
The reason behind you may be suffering from NetSupport Manager RAT, may be clicking on harmful links in an infected website. As said above it may also be invited through fake update links from a redirect website.
Once the payload of the malware is downloaded, the technical instructions within the JS file is used to initiate a communication with the hacker via Command & Control server. Now the infected JS file harvest various system related information and send to its authors in an encrypted format.
The information usually contains:
- User name
- IP address
- Computer name & OS version installed
- Firewall details and any other security program active
- Running processes and so on .
After being installed, NetSupport Manager RAT, manages to accomplish various changes to the system like:
- Modifying Windows Registry
- Disables various functionality that can report the existence of the malware
- Shut downs the firewall;
- And keep some of its files hidden to escape its removal.
As said above, NetSupport Manager RAT can be used illegally to harvest various sensitive information from the system. And it exploits crucial system settings that will expose its vulnerabilities to more such threats. It is very important to be aware of trending malware to stay prevented : Top 10 Most Damaging Malware April 2019 Update. So, you have suspected this malware which you does not choose to install yourself then it might be a malware that needs to safely removed from the system.
How to Remove NetSupport Manager Trojan
The removal process of NetSupport Manager Trojan is tough like any other virus. It can leave you puzzled as it does too many modifications to the system internal settings. This may take enough time and patience to do it manually. That even may not ensure you complete removal.
For our readers to understand, we have put our best possible solution that can help to remove this threat. But we suggest you to only try this if you are familiar with system configurations, registries keys and its subkeys values and also boot settings.
While performing the manual solution, be enough cautious and if you get confused at any point of time, them leave it and take the help of powerful anti-malware program to detect and remove the virus. This will not only ensure safe removal of NetSupport Manager Trojan but also restore default system settings.
To Remove NetSupport Manager Trojan, follow these steps:
The manual steps below contains the instructions separately to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions. Or you can open it from another uninfected computer or laptop. And follow step-by-step manual removal instruction: Windows OS PDF Guide.
Step 1:Remove NetSupport Manager Trojan From WindowsOS
Step 2: Remove Trojan Virus Using System Restore Procedure. (Advanced option)
Step 3: Remove NetSupport Manager Trojan using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Step 4: System Restore Procedure
- After Removal of NetSupport Manager Trojan, it is important to restore the damages done by it. As it attacks windows registry to add its keys and values to execute as the system starts. All these keys may help the program to regenerate its codes. To repair the registry and restore to its previous state, we recommend the “Reimage Tool“, that cleans all the traces of threat and fix all windows errors.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Keep a secure firewall for the system. This will help block any unwanted internet connections to your device.
- Do not open spam mail attachments from unknown sender. This is the common way through which malicious programs intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.