.Nasoh file extension– what is it? How to access the data?
.Nasoh extension is a ransomware variant that belongs to the family of STOP ransomware. It aims to encrypt files and demands ransom to be paid in order to restore the files.
Nasoh Ransomware Description
Ransom Demanded: $980
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nasoh is another addition to the family of STOP ransomware. The ransomware attacks Windows Based OS and targets important files like documents, videos, pictures, PDFs, excels and database to encrypt them using strong encryption algorithm. After which the files becomes inaccessible, whenever the user attempts to open the files, it asks for decryption key without which the files cannot be restored.
A file named “mycat.jpg” is replaced with “mycat.jpg.nasoh”. It means your files have been encrypted by Nasoh Ransomware. The malware uses high grade encryption algorithm (a combination of AES and RSA 1024-bit) keys to prevent being decrypted by any other means. Thus, users are forced to pay the ransom amount in order to restore their data. After encrypting the files, it leaves a ransom note named as _readme.txt containing the instructions on how to pay the ransom.
Method Of Propagation
Nasoh Ransomware is distributed via spam email attachments that generally contain macro-enabled MS-office document subjected as any invoice, fax or job offers and so on. Other methods also include exploit kits, Trojan droppers, crack of software downloaded from fake websites, software patches and so on. Once the user opens the infected document, the macros starts running automatically and downloads the payload of the virus on the system. Thus Nasoh Ransomware is installed successfully on the target system.
The Encryption Process
Once Nasoh Ransomware successfully infiltrates on the target computer, it quickly starts scanning the whole directories to search for various important files like documents, images, videos, PDFs, excel, database and so on. After that, it begins the encryption process using strong encryption algorithm. The encrypted files are locked with ‘.Nasoh’ extension along with the original filename.
For example: A file original named as mycat.jpg, will be replaced by mycat.jpg.Nasoh.’
The Ransom Note
Like any ransomware, the Nasoh Ransomware also creates a ransom note named as ‘_readme.txt’. The text states that:
'ATTENTION! Don’t worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files. What guarantees you have? You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free. But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information. You can get and look video overview decrypt tool: https://we.tl/t-o7ClqIH7RS Price of private key and decrypt software is $980. Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490. Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment. Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours. To get this software you need write on our e-mail: email@example.com Reserve e-mail address to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org Our Telegram account: @datarestore Mark Data Restore Your personal ID:'M
According to the note, the authors of the ransomware demands a ransom of $980. The extortionist also gives an offer to pay the ransom within 72 hours for which they will have to pay only 50% of the ransom fee that is $490. Further, the authors also ask the victims to send 1 encrypted file which they will decrypt for free to convince the victims.
But security experts advice not to pay the ransom as it will encourage them to carry out more such frauds to extort money illegally.
So the best way to deal with the malware threat is to securely remove the virus and try out data recovery tools or restore files from your backup. This guide presents all possible solutions to remove Nasoh and methods of data recovery.
How To Remove Nasoh Ransomware virus Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of Nasoh Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Use Ransomware Defender To Remove Nasoh Ransomware(Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Run Scan To Detect Nasoh Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove Nasoh ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Manually Find And Remove Nasoh (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove Nasoh Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager“
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove Nasoh Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.