“Microsoft has detected a malicious virus alert and blocked your computer” warning could trick you by charging lot of money for fake services. Read the full article to know why you are getting these warnings on your computer.
“Microsoft has detected a malicious virus alert and blocked your computer”
“Microsoft has detected a malicious virus alert and blocked your computer” is detected as a scam pop-up warning designed by cyber-criminals to cheat users. The pop-up warning appears on the browser as redirected web page. It states that your PC is infected with Viruses, or malicious activity is detected on the computer due to which Microsoft has blocked your computer. So you need to immediately call upon the provided tech support number for assistance from the certified technicians.
But the main intention behind this approach it to scare users and force them to call on their tech support number provided with the message. But unfortunately, the number happens to be of any remote hacker which is planning to access your PC and charge you a lot of money for its fake services.
You may get redirected to a questionable page that starts showing full-window warning message as:
The system has been infected with a virus
Attackers might be trying to steal information from your computer. Save your computer by clicking Back to Safety.
Microsoft has detected a malicious virus alert and blocked your computer.
The system has been infected with a virus.
Do not close this window and restart your computer. This computer’s registration key is blocked.
Why your system has been blocked?
Illegal window’s registration key
This window is sending virus over the Internet.
This window is hacked.
The location is undefined.
Pirated software is used.
We block this computer for your security purpose. Contact Microsoft helpline to reactivate your computer immediately. To unblock your computer, enter security key or call for help.
While the above warning may haunt any computer user, as it scares by saying the privacy to be endanger and also claims to any illegal activity on the computer. But is not associated with Microsoft and is completely fake. You must not trust on such warnings. They just want to scare users and convince them to call on their number, so that they can pitch their for their fake services and extort money.
The only reason you are getting such warnings is either you have clicked on any harmful link, visiting any malicious ad-supported page or downloaded any Adware. Give checkout by downloading the scanner given below and remove all the potentially harmful program.
How “Microsoft has detected a malicious virus alert and blocked your computer” spread:
“Microsoft has detected a malicious virus alert and blocked your computer” pop-ups also provokes users to buy their rogue security programs which are actually any malicious program which further assist them to control over the compromised PC whenever they want. It is just a clever trick to extort money from users.
So, users are advised not to attempt calling on the fake number provided by “Microsoft has detected a malicious virus alert and blocked your computer” scam. You should also never respond to any recommended actions by this scamming web page as it will lead to more damaging situations.
If you are getting redirected to any scam web page or receiving lots of pop-ups from “Microsoft has detected a malicious virus alert and blocked your computer”, then your computer is infected with PUP and you must eliminate them quickly.
Why you should remove “Microsoft has detected a malicious virus alert and blocked your computer” virus
“Microsoft has detected a malicious virus alert and blocked your computer” is a tech scam virus that is managed by group of cyber criminals with the sole aim to cheat users into installing their fake tools, earn money and even allow remotely access your computer system and collect all data. These pop-ups will continue to bother you with constantly hamper your browsing screen. However, as said earlier, this is just a scam that is trick to fool users and earn money. Never call or click any provided link on this page.
Its presence can also raise other serious issues like browser crash down, drop other suspicious program that will show unexpected pop-ups, browser hijacking and performance slowdown. In this article we have provided the complete removal instructions for this scary threat. For quick removal click on the “Download Now” button and get rid of “Microsoft has detected a malicious virus alert and blocked your computer”.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove “Microsoft has detected a malicious virus alert and blocked your computer” (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only removes the threat but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” → “Programs” → Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- SpyHunter 5 groups your scan results into categories determined by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in SpyHunter’s “Quarantine.” If at any time, you would like to restore a previously removed object(s), you can do so through SpyHunter’s “Restore” feature. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove “Microsoft has detected a malicious virus alert and blocked your computer” ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Boot your Computer to “Safe Mode With Networking“
- Step 2: Remove “Microsoft Has Detected A Malicious Virus Alert” Programs from Browsers
- Step 3: Removing “Microsoft has detected a malicious virus alert and blocked your computer” Popup virus from Operating System
- Step 4: Clean temporary files and remove “Microsoft Has Detected A Malicious Virus Alert” unwanted programs left within task manager
- Step 5: Restrict Browser To Open The Tech Scam Page.
- Step 6: Running Full System Scan To Remove “Microsoft Has Detected A Malicious Virus Alert”
You should not skip the full system scan step. As even if you don’t perform the manual steps for removing the Adware, running system scan will automatically detect and remove the threat. Security experts always recommend to do deep system scanning if you are not a technically sound person. All the steps mentioned above needs a good knowledge of system utilities, so if anything goes wrong it will hamper your device.