Mediplayclassic.info is a browser hijacker that is capable of modifying default web browser settings.
Mediplayclassic.info is found to be a serious browser infection that can attack any sort of web browser. If your browser automatically land to hxxp://mediplayclassic.info, this means it is infected by fake browser extension. This is an awful extension that changes the default homepage, new tab and search engine settings to its domain.
Mediplayclassic.info redirect mess up the infected browser with unwanted pop-ups, ads and in-text links all over. Also the search results are not genuine and loaded with plenty of paid ads and sponsored contents. Upon clicking, these causes further distraction while surfing, open random redirected pages and infect the PC with other harmful programs.
More details about Mediplayclassic.info hijacker
Mediplayclassic.info is powered by “Imali Media”. And is particularly designed to take control over the web browser by substitution the default browsing preferences with its own one. Users are generally not aware when and how the browser is infected. As this happens when user unknowingly downloads freeware programs that bundle Adware or browser hijacker within. And are installed without user’s permission.
The Mediplayclassic.info homepage appears as:
Once installed, Mediplayclassic.info momentarily attacks the browser and changes the search engine to hxxps://mediplayclassic.info. Thus, all the searches performed by the user is carried by this nasty search engine that delivers the results from http://search.yahoo.com. And thus, it generates pay-per-click revenue by placing sponsored links within the search results instead for providing useful information to users.
The aim of Mediplayclassic.info browser hijacker is to make profit by sponsoring advertisements of third-party and get commission in return.But the most risky thing of this hijacker is that it silently monitors the browsing activities of users and collect individual’s data like:
- browsing keywords;
- URL visited;
- IP address;
- Search patterns and so on.
They filter and use these details to further place more attractive ads within the infected web browser. However, they are not safe and could risk your privacy further. Know in-depth about browser hijackers and what they do.
What are the symptoms of browser infected with Mediplayclassic.info
You may feel puzzled about its occurrence, but there are some typical symptoms of Mediplayclassic.info browser hijacker when it comes into effect. And you can quickly judge the reason behind the strange of behavior of your browser.
- Default homepage altered to Mediplayclassic.info
- Search provider is replaced by hxxp://mediplayclassic.info, that shows results from http://search.yahoo.com .
- The ‘new tab’ functionality is changed to automatically load up Mediplayclassic.info search page.
- Lots of unknown web extensions or add-ons is installed.
- Ads, pop-ups and sponsored links appear even where you least expect it.
What to do when your browser is infected with Mediplayclassic.info
Like any other Adware programs, browser hijacker is also too tough to be removed by simply switching back to the default browser settings. As it installs program files, shortcuts, start ups and alter registry entries, which makes complete removal nearly impossible.
But if you have sound knowledge about the system components and deep files, then you can attempt removing Mediplayclassic.info manually. Our step-by-step manual removal instructions will help you to successfully remove the browser hijacker program from your browser.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with Mediplayclassic.info then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove Mediplayclassic.info (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- SpyHunter 5 groups your scan results into categories determined by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in SpyHunter’s “Quarantine.” If at any time, you would like to restore a previously removed object(s), you can do so through SpyHunter’s “Restore” feature. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove Mediplayclassic.info ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we also recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Boot your Computer to “Safe Mode With Networking“
- Step 2: Remove Suspicious Programs from Browsers
- Step 3: Removing Adware from Operating System
- Step 4: Cleaning temporary files and removing unwanted programs left within task manager
- Step 5: Running Full System Scan(Recommended)
You should not skip the full system scan step. As even if you don’t perform the manual steps for removing the Adware, running system scan will automatically detect and remove the threat. Security experts always recommend doing deep system scanning if you are not a technically sound person. All the steps mentioned above needs a good knowledge of system utilities, so if anything goes wrong it will hamper your device.