If the files on your computer is suddenly been inaccessible, it has been replaced to .madek extension, this is an indication of your computer infected with ransomware threat. Here is how to deal with it.
Name: Madek Ransomware
Ransom Demanded: $490-$980
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
The Madek is a new file-encrypting malware. It encrypts files on the attacked system with the motive to deny the access of files and ask victims to pay for the decryption fee. It is also one of the variants of infamous STOP ransomware threat. There are many ransomware threats that are written on the source code of STOP ransomware like: vusad, berosuce, herad, lokas, Vesad and many such. All these ransomware threats can be very damaging for any computer user. It is mainly designed to target Windows PC.
The payloads of the malware is generally distributed via spam links and attachments within emails from unknown senders. However, these mails tends to appear genuine but once user downloads the attachment or click the malicious link, it drops the Madek virus on the system.
Once successfully installed on the attacked system, it triggers various background activities like modifying boot settings, tampering registry entries, harvesting system related information and disabling firewall and so on.
After doing so, the Madek ransomware scans the whole system to locate important files, documents, photos, images, database, excel sheet and many such. It even searches for any backup files on the system. And then runs the encryption tool to encipher the files and append .madek file extension. Thus, the files are no more accessible to the users.
After that, Madek ransomware leaves a ransom note “_readme.txt” on the desktop screen and within the directories where the encryption been done.
The authors asks the victims to connect via the provided email address to get further instructions on paying the ransom to buy the decryption tool from them.
However, security experts never recommend contacting to the hackers and they can trick further. There can also be a scenario that you can lose your money and files too. So, the best way to deal with the Madek ransomware is to refrain yourself paying the ransom and remove the threat.
But before doing so, you should not drop any other new or important data on your computer. As the threat may also encrypt any new files added.
Next you should keep a backup of any files that are not been encrypted.
Also, you need to copy all the encrypted files along with the ransom note to a separate flash drive. As security experts may later on release the decryption code, then you can restore your files.
Now as you have done all these things, you can follow the removal instructions below. After the removal, you can also try out system restore, shadow volume recovery or some data recovery tools to restore your files.
How To Remove Madek Ransomware virus Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of Madek Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Use Ransomware Defender To Remove Madek Ransomware(Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Run Scan To Detect Madek Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove Madek ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Manually Find And Remove Madek (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove Madek Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager“
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove Madek Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.