Likemyone.info -What is it?
Likemyone.info is another distressing URL that appears unexpectedly while surfing. It’s not a virus, but its behaviors can still cause lots of trouble. It is considered to be a browser redirect page, that aims to push unwanted ads and pop-ups upon the websites visited by the users. Similar to Torstelitthertme.info, Withenarwitheg.info and Free-coupons.network, Likemyone.info also aims to redirect users to third-party pages. In doing so, users are often forced to visit questionable sites that in turn generate traffic for those sites. Also, the authors of Likemyone.info gains pay-per-click revenue whenever user clicks on its ads.
As a consequence, there can be various negative impacts on the affected browser. Some of them are:
- Intrusive advertisements displayed within the URLs visited;
- Random redirection to suspicious sites;
- Clicks on unknown ads may encourage the download of fake browser extensions, Ad-supported programs and browser hijackers;
- Malicious URLs are often embedded within the ads that are clever trick to drop harmful threats like Ransomware, crypto-miners and Trojans.
Likemyone.info page often appears while clicking any random link on third-party websites, within social-media platform or from advertisements. If you are continuously facing redirect, then it may possible that your system is infected with Adware. Adware have the capability to silently change the browser settings that forces the browser to automatically open up any target URL specified within the browser settings. Thus, the moment you launch your browser, you may see Likemyone.info on your new tab.
The Likemyone.info shows a pop-ups stating:
Likemyone.info wants to Show notifications Click “Allow” to close this window This window can be closed by pressing “Allow”. If you wish to continue browsing this website just click the more info button Click Allow to confirm that you are not a robot!
This is a clever trick to drop make users subscribe for their push notifications. After which users are forced to see plenty of advertisements within the website they visit, even if the browser is closed, it will start showing ads within the desktop screen as push notifications.
So, the page saying to click on the allow to close the page, it just a social engineering trick here. Its sole aim is to make users believe on its pop-ups and silently start dropping numerous advertisements every now and then. These are several of such tricky pages that shows pop-ups saying “Please click on Allow To Continue“. You should never click on allow button as after that the above mentioned issues will appearing.
Likemyone.info will never let you surf properly as it causes frequent redirection. Further, clicking on such ads may be risky as they are meant to promote third-party programs and services. So, many times users can be tricked into installing Adware, rogue-security tools and may even a harmful threat.
You can try out Spyhunter to scan your infected system and detect the Adware triggering Likemyone.info pop-ups.
If you already know about the infectious behaviors of Adware then you can try out the manual removal solution provided here.
To remove Likemyone.info pop-ups from your Windows PC, follow the steps below:
- Block Pop-ups notifications from Likemyone.info
- Remove Likemyone.info from browser’s shortcut.
- Remove Likemyone.info and other Adware from windows
- Reset web browsers
- Use HitmanPro.Alert to scan and remove Likemyone.info .
Note: You should be cautious while performing the above manual removal of Likemyone.info pop-ups virus.
Block the permission for the site to show push notifications from web browsers:
- Open chrome menu by clicking on three vertical dots on top-right corner. Click on “Settings“.
- On Chrome’s “Settings” Page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced“.
- Navigate to “Privacy and Security” section, now click on “Content settings“.
- Click on “Notifications“. You will see list of websites that are allowed to show notifications.
- Search for “Likemyone.info ” website and click three vertical dots beside it, then click on “Remove”. This will prevent to show any push notification.(temporarily)
- Open Firefox menu by clicking on click on three horizontal lines. And choose “Options”.
- On the left side of the page, choose “Privacy & Security”.
- Go to “Permissions” section and within the Notifications menu choose “Settings” next to it.
- Locate “Likemyone.info ” website, and choose “block” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save Changes” button.
- On the top-right part of the browser, click on gear icon to open the menu.
- Select “Internet Options“.
- Navigate to “Privacy” tab, now choose “Pop-up Blockers” section and click on “Settings”.
- Locate for Likemyone.info website and click on the Remove button.
- Open Microsoft Edge Menu button, by clicking on three horizontal dots. Choose Settings from the menu.
- Click on “Advanced” from the left side of the window.
- Under the “Website permission” section, click on “Manage permission“.
- Locate Likemyone.info website and click on the X (Clear) button.
Remove browser shortcuts from opening web address.
- Right on the web browser shortcut on your desktop;
- Choose “Properties”;
- On the shortcut tab, within the “target” section, search for Likemyone.info address after “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” ???.
- If you find anything apart from above, then delete it.
- Repeat with all the installed web browsers.
Remove Unwanted programs/Adware from control Panel.
- Click on “Start“, then type “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Choose the “Uninstall a program“.
- Choose the program you want to uninstall from the list and click on “Uninstall” button on top. (Most of the time malicious program will not allow you to manually remove the programs. So you can the help of Express uninstaller tool.)
Reset web browsers
Remove Likemyone.info using HitmanPro.Alert
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove Likemyone.info (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for Likemyone.info and other associated programs.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result about Likemyone.info along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- Once you have found Likemyone.info as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on “Next“. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9).
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Do not click on “Allow” button to the Push notifications.
- Avoid opening spam mail attachments, this is the common way through virus intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.