I clicked on Likeherlife.info pop-up and since then my chrome browser flooded with redirect pages and links. How to stop Likeherlife.info? If you are also looking out for the solution, then here is the complete guide and step-by-step removal.
Likeherlife.info-What is it?
Likeherlife.info is an illegitimate website that tricks users into subscribing for its push notifications. This suspicious domain generally appears when user try to watch any video from unsafe link or website. The moment you click on any infected link, Likeherlife.info opens up on the new tab of the browser and shows pop-ups that ask users to click on “Allow” for push notifications.
The Likeherlife.info page is shown below:
The above pop-up message states that:
Likeherlife.info wants to Show notifications
Click the Allow button to play video
It will not allow to view the contents of the page until user click on the said button. But doing so, may drop you in deep trouble. As Likeherlife.info site will start showing non-stop ads and pop-ups right on your desktop. This will negotiate all your resources and hamper the privacy. So, do not get tricked by this website and do not trust it.
Likeherlife.info then show up variety of ads and may even force users to perform various updates from its links. It has been reported that these update links do not contain the actual update programs. Instead are piece of some PUP which can easily enter onto the attacked PC once clicked. It can bombard the whole computer system with lots of toolbars, unwanted programs and even malware.
Likeherlife.info redirect pop-up appear on the browser when it is infected with any Adware. Generally, users get Adware installed along with freeware downloads from unofficial sites. Even if you like to install browser extensions, then do it only from web stores. There have been various instances that users end up downloading any adware.
If you have already allowed Likeherlife.info for push notifications, then you need to turn it off. And then scan the whole computer for Adware and PUPs and remove them. This will end up redirects to Likeherlife.info site.
You can try out Spyhunter to scan your infected system and detect the Adware triggering Likeherlife.info pop-ups.
If you already know about the infectious behaviors of Adware then you can try out the manual removal solution provided here.
To remove Likeherlife.info pop-ups from your Windows PC, follow the steps below:
- Block Pop-ups notifications from Likeherlife.info
- Remove Likeherlife.info from browser’s shortcut.
- Remove Likeherlife.info and other Adware from windows
- Reset web browsers
- Use HitmanPro.Alert to scan and remove Likeherlife.info.
Note: You should be cautious while performing the above manual removal of Likeherlife.info pop-ups virus.
Block the permission for the site to show push notifications from web browsers:
- Open chrome menu by clicking on three vertical dots on top-right corner. Click on “Settings“.
- On Chrome’s “Settings” Page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced“.
- Navigate to “Privacy and Security” section, now click on “Content settings“.
- Click on “Notifications“. You will see list of websites that are allowed to show notifications.
- Search for “Likeherlife.info” website and click three vertical dots beside it, then click on “Remove”. This will prevent to show any push notification.(temporarily)
- Open Firefox menu by clicking on click on three horizontal lines. And choose “Options”.
- On the left side of the page, choose “Privacy & Security”.
- Go to “Permissions” section and within the Notifications menu choose “Settings” next to it.
- Locate “Likeherlife.info” website, and choose “block” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save Changes” button.
- On the top-right part of the browser, click on gear icon to open the menu.
- Select “Internet Options“.
- Navigate to “Privacy” tab, now choose “Pop-up Blockers” section and click on “Settings”.
- Locate for Likeherlife.info website and click on the Remove button.
- Open Microsoft Edge Menu button, by clicking on three horizontal dots. Choose Settings from the menu.
- Click on “Advanced” from the left side of the window.
- Under the “Website permission” section, click on “Manage permission“.
- Locate Likeherlife.info website and click on the X (Clear) button.
Remove browser shortcuts from opening web address.
- Right on the web browser shortcut on your desktop;
- Choose “Properties”;
- On the shortcut tab, within the “target” section, search for Likeherlife.info address after “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” ???.
- If you find anything apart from above, then delete it.
- Repeat with all the installed web browsers.
Remove Unwanted programs/Adware from control Panel.
- Click on “Start“, then type “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Choose the “Uninstall a program“.
- Choose the program you want to uninstall from the list and click on “Uninstall” button on top. (Most of the time malicious program will not allow you to manually remove the programs. So you can the help of Express uninstaller tool.)
Reset web browsers
Remove Likeherlife.info using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Do not click on “Allow” button to the Push notifications.
- Avoid opening spam mail attachments, this is the common way through virus intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.