You have landed here means you are certainly not able to open your some important files. Is your files are substituted with random extensions having
“originalfilename.lanset extension”, it means your computer is attacked by Lanset Ransomware. This guide will help you to know more about this threat and its removal.
Lanset is a file-encrypting ransomware threat that encrypts important files on the victim’s PC. The users infected with this ransomware threat are prevented from accessing their files until ransom is paid to the authors. This ransomware is another variant of Djvu family of ransomware threats similar to .rezuc Files ransomware.
Lanset ransomware uses strong encryption algorithm to lock the files like documents, images, videos, audio, pdf and so on. The encrypted files are substituted with .lanset extension along with the original file name.
For example : mycat.jpg is replaced with mycat.jpg.lancet. It means your files are encrypted with Lanset ransomware.
Lanset Ransomware virus Distribution methods:
Lanset Files Virus(Djvu Ransomware) normally spreads through malicious email attachment, file-sharing sites, freeware downloads and Trojan droppers. Once the user clicks on the infected link, the malicious script starting downloading the program on the infected PC and installs the crypto-malware.
After that, this crypto-malware leaves a ransom note within a text file named “_readme.txt”. This text file instructs the victim about the ransom attack and asks the user to contact to the authors for the restoring the files. The ransom note can be found within the folders where encryption been done and on the desktop.
The _readme.txt note says:
Don’t worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490.
Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Our Telegram account:
Your personal ID:
From the above ransom note, it notifies users about the encryption and how they can restore their files. The authors of the ransomware instruct the victim to pay a ransom of $980 that is the cost of decryption tool. The victims need to contact to the authors via the provided email address email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. They can also contact on @datarestore via Telegram account. It is also said that the victims should contact them within 72 hours after the encryption had been done. Doing so, the victim can get a discount of 50%.
The Lanset ransomware leaves says the decryption of files is not possible by any other tool. It means users have no other option left rather than paying the said amount or negotiating with the extortionist to get to decryption tool.
But security experts never recommend paying the ransom as there is no any guarantee that they will provide full decryption key. You can restore your important files from your backup or try out some other decryptor tool.
But firstly you need to remove Lanset ransomware from your computer to stop the threat further encrypting any new files.
How To Remove Lanset Ransomware virus Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of Lanset Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Use Ransomware Defender To Remove Lanset Ransomware(Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Run Scan To Detect Lanset Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove Lanset ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Manually Find And Remove Lanset (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove Lanset Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager“
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove Lanset Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.