What is KMSPico? Is it safe to Use? What are the disadvantages of using it?These queries may run in your mind, if you encounter KMSPico program on your computer.
Don’t worry here is the solution…
What is KMSPico?
KMSPico is an illegitimate tool that offers the activation of Windows OS and MS Office suit. It is developed by bad actors and cyber criminals to fool users and drop other harmful programs instead of activating Windows OS. However, KMS is a legitimate service known as “Key Management System” that is used by computer working in a local network. This helps them to bypass connecting to the Microsoft servers and directly replace the outdated key with the new one.
But this technology is being exploited by cyber criminals who are distributing fake versions by different name as KMSPico. You may download this tool from its official website or from any third-party site offering fake software activation tools. While you choose to install KMSPico hoping it to be a genuine tool and useful features, but as you run the tool, it may install other malware on your computer.
According to a recent report surfaced on security website, the KMSPico trojan threat also spreads through ransomware like the new versions of STOP ransomware. To reach maximum users, the authors of KMSPico malware also drop its payloads within fake software installers on hacked websites. You can also get this tool while clicking on any malicious links, pop-up ads and spam links with social media sharing.
Once installed, KMSPico does various modifications on the host machine to carry out illegal tasks. As soon as you run this tool, it will ask you to disable your anti-virus program. Doing so, helps the tool to easily drop any potentially harmful program, malware or Adware programs. Thus, you should never rely on such fake programs to activate your genuine Windows OS and other legitimate programs. As using hacking tools may violate the terms and policies of Windows Operating system. This means you will no longer be a legitimate user of Windows OS.
How to Remove KMSPico Trojan
The removal process of KMSPico Trojan is tough like any other virus. It can leave you puzzled as it does too many modifications to the system internal settings. This may take enough time and patience to do it manually. That even may not ensure you complete removal.
For our readers to understand, we have put our best possible solution that can help to remove this threat. But we suggest you to only try this if you are familiar with system configurations, registries keys and its subkeys values and also boot settings.
While performing the manual solution, be enough cautious and if you get confused at any point of time, them leave it and take the help of powerful anti-malware program to detect and remove the virus. This will not only ensure safe removal of KMSPico Trojan but also restore default system settings.
To Remove KMSPico Trojan, follow these steps:
The manual steps below contains the instructions separately to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions. Or you can open it from another uninfected computer or laptop. And follow step-by-step manual removal instruction: Windows OS PDF Guide.
Step 1:Remove KMSPico Trojan From WindowsOS
Step 2: Remove Trojan Virus Using System Restore Procedure. (Advanced option)
Step 3: Remove KMSPico Trojan using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Step 4: System Restore Procedure
- After Removal of KMSPico Trojan, it is important to restore the damages done by it. As it attacks windows registry to add its keys and values to execute as the system starts. All these keys may help the program to regenerate its codes. To repair the registry and restore to its previous state, we recommend the “Reimage Tool“, that cleans all the traces of threat and fix all windows errors.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Keep a secure firewall for the system. This will help block any unwanted internet connections to your device.
- Do not open spam mail attachments from unknown sender. This is the common way through which malicious programs intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.