Jcecn.exe is a cryptominer program that runs within the background to mine for crypto currencies.
What is Jcecn.exe Trojan Trojan?
Jcecn.exe uses CPU and power resources of the host machine to mine crypto-currency like Bitcoin, Monero or Ethereum. This mining Trojan enters along with freeware downloads and starts executing the script loaded onto the executable program. The mined currency is directly get transferred to the author/hackers wallet.
Like other Crypto-miners, Jcecn.exe is also a malicious program that drains down the CPU power and heavily consumes the electricity for its own purpose. Its presence for too long often leads to complete breakdown of the system. Thus, if you notice Jcecn.exe malware then, it should be removed immediately.
Jcecn.exe Trojan infiltration Sources:
Jcecn.exe Trojan invades via bundled installers which conceal their malicious program within and installs without any hassle. Other sources include spam email attachments, fake updates, download of freeware and shareware via unofficial/third-party sites and peer-to-peer (P2P) sharing networks.
Any of these incautious activity can lead to series of illegitimate activities like installing Trojan programs, tampering system settings and executing unknown tasks.
Jcecn.exe Trojan destructive actions:
Like any other CPU miner threats, Jcecn.exe is also tough to detect, as they disguise itself as a legitimate program. But still there are few symptoms of the miners which can hint you about its presence.
Here are some typical symptoms of Jcecn.exe:
- CPU showing more than 90% usage;
- Applications, games and videos might get stuck in middle;
- System shows unexpected error;
- System may ran out of memory, device gets heated;
- Huge electricity bills
- Computer shutdown or reboot automatically;
- Performance degrade and many more.
The above signs are enough to tell you that your system is attacked by crypto malware. However, the crypto currency mining is not illegal as they are various genuine platforms that are used to mine digital currency. But as the mining process needs huge system resources, so some hacker or cyber criminals drop mining scripts to mine the currency under the expenses of others. Thus, to get most of the benefit without any investment.
Also, you might have heard about in-browser mining that is used by various website owners. They embed mining script that enables them to mine for digital currency while the user is active on the website as an extra income to sustain their website. But they usually notify the user about this. Many user may even don’t have any issues with it because they are using the services of the website for free. But Jcecn.exe is an illegal way of dropping the infectious code to the host machine and negotiate their resources of its own profit.
Also, its presence may open the door for other malware and its similar kinds like KingMiner and GridCash CPU Miner to completely damage your PC.
If cryptominers are not removed quickly then it affects the hardware components of the system. Thus, you should not delay more to remove Jcecn.exe and its related files from the system.
How to Remove Jcecn.exe Trojan from infected device?
CPU Miners program does a lots of changes to the host machine to silently executes lots of activities within background. It also downloads and installs other malware which is difficult find manually as it may appear to be legitimate program file but it could be actually a Jcecn.exe Trojan or other harmful program.
Jcecn.exe Trojan program should be removed as early as possible from the compromised system and avoid any other long term damage.
Security experts never recommend attempting manual removal for a CPU Miner threat like Jcecn.exe Trojan as it may cause adverse effect on the computer and further leads to complete damage. Always go a reputable and powerful anti-malware scan to your infected system to detect and remove the Jcecn.exe Trojan threat.
Note! If your Mac OS is infected with Jcecn.exe then please visit this link for Mac OS Virus Removal Guide.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove Jcecn.exe (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits.
It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Why we are recommending SpyHunter is because of its efficiency, lightweight that only takes up 12% of the CPU space and simpler user-interface that is designed for both beginners and advanced users. Besides that, it has features which require less-user monitoring, custom scan options, system guard and 24*7 help desk support. Keeping SpyHunter actively running on your computer adds an extra security layer that protects your computer system from being attacked.
Spyhunter certified by “West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System” gives you a complete money-back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with its results. Because they are sure you will going to have it on your system. So, it’s a win-win situation for you try out SpyHunter free version and if you are fully satisfied to get registered for full protection against all malicious odds that hampers your security.
Instructions To Download And Install SpyHunter 5
- Once the file “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” is downloaded, double-click on the file to open (you can see it in your browser’s bottom-left corner);
- Click “Yes” to the “User Account Control” dialog box;
- Now, choose your preferred language and then click on “OK” for the next installation step;
- Now, click on “Continue” button to proceed with the To proceed to the installation;
- Now installation will begin, please be patience as it may take few minutes;
- Click on the “Finish” button to successfully install the program.
Note: It may ask you to enter your information- there you can add your details or go with the default information to start the program.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for threats, malware, unwanted programs, rootkits, and system vulnerabilities.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- SpyHunter 5 groups your scan results into categories determined by the type of objects detected: “Malware“, “PUPs” (Potentially Unwanted Programs), “Privacy“, “Vulnerabilities“, and “Whitelisted objects“, as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9)
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
Note: Any objects that you choose to remove will be securely stored in SpyHunter’s “Quarantine.” If at any time, you would like to restore a previously removed object(s), you can do so through SpyHunter’s “Restore” feature. To locate the object, go to the “Malware/PC Scan” tab and then click the “Quarantine” tab. From the “Quarantine” tab, you may restore an object by selecting the checkbox at the left of the object and clicking the “Restore” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
“Windows OS: Manually Find And Remove Jcecn.exe ( Only Recommended For Advanced Users)”
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
- Step 1: Manually Killing the malicious processes, disabling suspicious programs and then removing the remaining virus and its traces by scanning.
- Step 2: Remove Trojan Virus Using System Restore Procedure.
- Step 3: Download effective antivirus program and scan your computer to ensure successful removal of Trojan threat.