Is your browser redirect to Iyfsearch.com? What is Iyfsearch.com and how it arrived on the browser? This guide contains detailed instruction about this browser redirect virus and its complete removal solution.
iyfsearch.com-What is it?
iyfsearch.com website is used as an advertising platform to promote various third-party products, downloads and services. It earn profit for its authors by generating traffic and increasing the downloads of sponsored products. However, this domain is considered to be a browser redirect virus because of the fact that it appears on the new tab of the browser unexpectedly and presents lots of ads based on user’s surfing habits. Clicking on its links further redirects to questionable sites that may to download other potentially harmful program on the PC.
The constant appearance of iyfsearch.com makes the surfing annoying and loaded with fake links. These consequences may lead to serious security issues and thus, users should never trust on the links and ads sponsored by this site.
The iyfsearch.com tracks users surfing habits and keywords entered which are used to send user-specific product ads, sponsored links to third-party download sites and so on. According to the security researchers, the iyfsearch.com redirect is caused by Adware intrusion.
When it comes to Adware, they are mostly comes bundled with freeware downloads that conceals third-party software programs within. Thus, it is always suggested to choose custom or advanced installation option. Users must also be attentive while clicking on any random link of unsafe pages. Always use trusted site to download freeware.
If your computer gets infected with any Adware, it starts modifying browser settings without the consent of users. Thus, users may notice uncertain redirection while they launch the infected web browser. Every time, user opens the browser, it loads iyfsearch.com or similar other harmful website while browsing.
Iyfsearch.com is meant to collect the browsing records of users and use them to accomplish various shady marketing practices. In the event browser infected with Adware and redirect virus, it can often redirect to harmful pages and may silently download any malware-laden programs.
Another reason to remove iyfsearch.com is that, most of the ads and links displayed by the site is tricky and is only meant to redirect to fake pages. Quickly scan your PC for all Adware and unwanted program to remove iyfsearch.com redirect virus.
You can try out Spyhunter to scan your infected system and detect the Adware triggering iyfsearch.com pop-ups.
If you already know about the infectious behaviors of Adware then you can try out the manual removal solution provided here.
To remove iyfsearch.com pop-ups from your Windows PC, follow the steps below:
- Block Pop-ups notifications from iyfsearch.com
- Remove iyfsearch.com from browser’s shortcut.
- Remove iyfsearch.com and other Adware from windows
- Reset web browsers
- Use HitmanPro.Alert to scan and remove iyfsearch.com.
Note: You should be cautious while performing the above manual removal of iyfsearch.com pop-ups virus.
Block the permission for the site to show push notifications from web browsers:
- Open chrome menu by clicking on three vertical dots on top-right corner. Click on “Settings“.
- On Chrome’s “Settings” Page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced“.
- Navigate to “Privacy and Security” section, now click on “Content settings“.
- Click on “Notifications“. You will see list of websites that are allowed to show notifications.
- Search for “iyfsearch.com” website and click three vertical dots beside it, then click on “Remove”. This will prevent to show any push notification.(temporarily)
- Open Firefox menu by clicking on click on three horizontal lines. And choose “Options”.
- On the left side of the page, choose “Privacy & Security”.
- Go to “Permissions” section and within the Notifications menu choose “Settings” next to it.
- Locate “iyfsearch.com” website, and choose “block” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save Changes” button.
- On the top-right part of the browser, click on gear icon to open the menu.
- Select “Internet Options“.
- Navigate to “Privacy” tab, now choose “Pop-up Blockers” section and click on “Settings”.
- Locate for iyfsearch.com website and click on the Remove button.
- Open Microsoft Edge Menu button, by clicking on three horizontal dots. Choose Settings from the menu.
- Click on “Advanced” from the left side of the window.
- Under the “Website permission” section, click on “Manage permission“.
- Locate iyfsearch.com website and click on the X (Clear) button.
Remove browser shortcuts from opening web address.
- Right on the web browser shortcut on your desktop;
- Choose “Properties”;
- On the shortcut tab, within the “target” section, search for iyfsearch.com address after “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” ???.
- If you find anything apart from above, then delete it.
- Repeat with all the installed web browsers.
Remove Unwanted programs/Adware from control Panel.
- Click on “Start“, then type “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Choose the “Uninstall a program“.
- Choose the program you want to uninstall from the list and click on “Uninstall” button on top. (Most of the time malicious program will not allow you to manually remove the programs. So you can the help of Express uninstaller tool.)
Reset web browsers
Remove iyfsearch.com using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Do not click on “Allow” button to the Push notifications.
- Avoid opening spam mail attachments, this is the common way through virus intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.