Is Informationvine.com bothering you with redirects? Then your computer might be hit by some kind of Adware, that needs to removed quickly. Here is the detailed guide about Adware causing Informationvine.com browser hijacker.
What is Informationvine.com?
Informationvine.com is pretends itself to be a helpful search program that can assist in easy surfing. But you may not know how your favorite search engine got replaced by this unknown one. Well, it is actually a browser hijacker that replaces your homepage with Informationvine.com at the time of downloading any fake extension or freeware downloads.
Once installed, it will take no moment to reconfigure your browser settings. In this way, Informationvine.com easily redirect your search queries to its sponsored sites that are often loaded with contents out of your searching context. Every time, you start to surf it will present misleading search results and distract you from your main task.
Thus, you may feel annoyed and want to get rid of Informationvine.com homepage hijacker as soon as possible.
Browser hijackers are distributed along with Freeware downloads
You may wonder how you get this search helper installed on your browser, the reason may be download of bundled programs that automatically comes along with them. And if users fail to choose the “Custom installation” option, then you might see Informationvine.com as your default homepage. Browser helper objects are programs designed to assist users in surfing through various surfing features. But many bad actors uses design them to fulfill shady marketing practices.
That’s why most of the time, they don’t even ask for the permission to change the default settings. There are many such programs that you should be aware of, some of them in our database are: Deloplen.com, WebmailWorld, OnlineWorkSuite.
The presence of such hijacker programs totally mess up the web browsers and change the way you usually surf. It can affect any of the web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and so on.
Why You Should Choose To Remove Informationvine.com Quickly?
Informationvine.com browser hijacker usually causes browser redirection to doubtful web-sites containing infectious contents. Thus, individuals may starts suffering with intrusive online advertising generated by this piece of adware program. As a consequence your browser will turn down too slow and unknown scripts will start running within the background. This will make your browsing pages crash down frequently. It only aims to generate pay-per-click revenue from paid links and ads presented by this hijacker program.
Thus, it is recommended to remove Informationvine.com browser hijacker as soon as possible.
To Manually Remove Informationvine.com browser hijacker, follow the below steps carefully:
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Remove Informationvine.com extension from the web browsers
- Click the Chrome menu appearing on the top right corner of the browser as three vertical dots;
- Select “Settings”;
- Click “Extensions,” (steps by slightly differ due to browser versions, to avoid any clash simply copy this URL “chrome://extensions/” and paste it within the search bar).
- Once the extension page appears, look for any suspicious extension that you may have choose to install.
- Click on the trash icon or “Remove” button.
- Start your Firefox browser and click on three horizontal lines on top right corner to open menu then select “Add-ons”. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard or copy and paste “about:addons” to the address bar to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’ page. This page will show you the list of all extensions/add-ons installed on your browser.
- Select Extensions, and check the installed extensions and if it stands out to be an Adware/PUP then
- Click on Remove button.
- You may be prompted to restart the browser then do it make the changes successful.
- On Internet Explorer browser click “Tools,” icon;
- Select “Manage add-ons.” Within the Manage add-ons window on show section choose “All add-ons”. This will list all the toolbars and extensions installed on the browser.
- Select the ones which are unusual and can be recognized as an Adware;
- Click “Disable.”
- Repeat the steps for all unwanted add-ons and extensions.
Reset web browsers
Scan your computer for complete removal of Informationvine.com.
Note: The above manual steps may not guarantee the full removal, as the complete removal of any harmful program means more than that. They have the ability to modify the browser settings again and again, till its associated files and registries are not completely removed.
If you are not familiar with the above steps then, we recommend you to choose the automatic removal of Wise Search Adware.
Remove Informationvine.com using HitmanPro.Alert.
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides. This is a real-time malware program that delivers protection from latest threat, crypto-malware, ransomware, exploits, spyware, risks related to online transactions.
HitmanPro.Alert is best-in-class that provides various advanced features like:
- Safe Browsing;
- Exploit Mitigation;
- Risk reduction:
- Key-loggers Protection and many such.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder or where your program is downloaded to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”;
- The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
Choose Protection level as Maximum
And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are displayed. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quranantize, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
However, these steps may help you successfully remove Informationvine.com browser hijacker, but should be cautious while you do any kind of online activity. Always pay attention to what you choose to download, as various freeware downloads come as software bundles.
These bundles may purposely drop other harmful programs on the computer. Better to opt for Advanced or custom installation procedure to avoid installation of unknown programs.
Hope you find this article helpful.