You landed here, it means your files on the PC may be encrypted with .herad extension, this is an indication of your computer infected with ransomware threat. Know in-depth of Herad Ransomware and its complete removal solution.
Name: Herad Ransomware
Ransom Demanded: $980
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Herad is a ransomware that belongs to STOP family of threats. It aim is to encrypt files on the target system to force users buy the decryption key from the hackers. The ransomware is named after the extension it uses to append the encrypted files that is .herad. Thus it is also known as .herad file virus. The hacker can charge a handsome amount of money in the form of bitcoins to restore the files.
The payloads of the virus can be distributed via phishing email attachments that may appear as a legitimate one, but actually they contain malicious scripts. Once the user downloads the attachment on their system, the macro-enabled document starts running the script and finally downloads the ransomware threat on the system.
Other means are, software patch, fake streaming links, pirated download of software, Trojans and exploit kits and so on. In a recent attack the RIG exploit kit was used to distribute ERIS ransomware.
Any of these can download and install the Herad ransomware on your computer. Once installed successfully, it first modifies various settings of the system that may interfere with the encryption process.
- Edit Registry Entries,
- Disable Firewall ;
- Check for any backups;
- Harvest system related information
- And grant administrative permissions for itself through fake signatures.
After that, the Herad ransomware scans the whole drives and directories to find important files, documents, videos, audios and images to encrypt them. After encrypting the files are locked with .herad extension.
Thus, the encrypted files may named ‘mydoc1.docx‘ appear as ‘mydoc1.docx.uniqueID.herad‘. This means your files have been encrypted by Herad ransomware.
You can also see a ransom note named as _readme.txt. The note contains the instructions to contact the authors of the ransomware to recover the files.
It is very easy to deal with ransomware if you have a backup of your important files. Because paying ransom is never a good option. This can encourage the cyber-threats to accomplish more such illegal tasks. Also there is no guarantee that you will get the decryption key. The best you can do is, scan your infected computer with anti-ransomware program and try some of the recovery methods given below.
If you have not started backing up your data, then it the right time to start backing up now.
How To Remove Herad Ransomware virus Without Paying Ransom
In this guide, you will find removal instruction of Herad Ransomware virus both manually and using anti-malware tool. At times, virus does not allow the installation or scanning of anti-virus program, so you need to switch to “safe mode with networking”. After that you can try recovery of your data if you have any backup or we have listed some methods which may help you to recover some of your data.
Use Ransomware Defender To Remove Herad Ransomware(Recommended)”
Ransomware Defender Overview
ShieldApps’ Ransomware Defender is a specially designed security program for Ransomware threats. This anti-ransomware program detects and permanently blocks any ransomware prior to its attack on the protected system.
Ransomware Defender maintains its threat database and its related information which makes the program proactively detect any sort of threat and notifies users upon detection. This anti-ransomware program works well along with your primary anti-malware applications and does not interfere with its work.
Ransomware Defender is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. And is suitable for both home and business network. It has various prominent features like real-time ransomware detection, scan protection, history cleaner, file transfer tools and automated scans that helps in better detection of ransomware threat and blacklist them from your system permanently. Additionally, this anti-ransomware solution also provides firewall security, internet protection, mobile security, and virtual private network configuration. The solution also offers 24/7 customer support via email.
If you generally do not keep backups of your important files and documents or use your computer or device for storing financial and business details, then it is very important to keep them secure. Here Ransomware Defender is proved as a comprehensive anti-ransomware solution.
Do not compromise with your computer’s security.
Ransomware Defender solution comes with a subscription of $49.95.
Ransomware Defender Features
- Ransomware Protection: This ransomware solution effectively detects, removes and blacklists any ransomware that attempts to attack your system. And always keep monitoring the system within background for any possible attacks.
- Smart Ransomware Detection: Due to its advanced technology of threat detection, you can rest assured of system protection. It will give real-time updates and report of any suspicious activity.
- Internet Security: Protects from any unethical web activity, malicious attempts to breach your internet security, blocks any malicious websites and infected online scripts through ransomware generally enter.
- Scheduled Scan/Clean Action: It provides a user-friendly and fully automated solution for schedule scans at your preferred timings, thus even if you forgot to manually scan your computer you are still protected.
- Secure File Eraser: It’s a very important feature provided by Ransomware defender that empowers you to fix any of your files/applications that you suspect as infected.
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Ransomware Defender provides 24/7 real-time protection due to its auto and schedules scan mechanism that guards your system all the time.
Installing Ransomware Defender
- Click on the link to Download Ransomware Defender.
- Choose the location to save the installation file and click on “save”.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open.
- If prompted by User Account Control: click on “Yes” button.
- This will open an installation wizard. Click on “Install“. Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.
- After Ransomware Defender successfully installs, a new tab or window will open on your browser showing confirmation of the installation.
Run Scan To Detect Herad Ransomware threat on your computer
Follow the steps to properly scan and remove Herad ransomware threat from your computer:
- Start the scan: Once the installation is completed, the Ransomware defender application window will open. Here you have 3 options for scan: Quick, Deep, and Custom. We suggest doing Deep scanning for the first time for better detection of ransomware threats.
- Let the scanning process be completed: Scan will take a few minutes so be patient and let the scan be fully completed.
- Review the Scan Results and remove the threats: Review the scan results that will show all the threats and malware found during the scan process, you can manually choose to remove the threats one-by-one by clicking on the threat name and select “delete” or simply click on the “Clean All” button.
Manually Find And Remove Herad (Recommended Only For Advanced Users)
The manual steps guided below are the links separately made with caution, to avoid any confusion to our readers. Please follow the links below and perform them one by one. If you are going for the manual removal process, then we recommend you to print/download these instructions or open it from another uninfected computer or laptop and follow step-by-step manual removal instruction. Windows OS PDF Guide.
Method 1: Remove Herad Ransomware and its associated files from the computer through safe mode with command prompt.
- Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- End malicious process from “Task Manager“
- Deep Scan the infected computer to ensure complete removal (Recommended)
Method 2: Remove Herad Ransomware virus using System Restore Procedure
After that, the ransomware threat should go, but if it is still there, then you need to try another method which is the “System Restore”. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
How to Restore the Encrypted Files?
Click here to know How you can restore the encrypted file.