Hacktool:win32/keygen is a generic detection for the software cracking tools to activate the fake licences. Similar to HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS, this may also relate to KMSpico or AutoKMS cracking software.
User may sometime search for crack tools to avail the full feature of the software without purchasing the registration key. In such a case the antivirus present on the system to alert users about this. However, downloading cracking tools are itself a illegitimate task. But often times, such tools comes bundled with additional programs or even some malicious ones.
These can be annoying like adware or browser hijacker or even some severely damaging ones like Trojan, Ransomware, Backdoor, Trojans and so on. As a result, the presence of Hacktool:win32/keygen may be a sign of other potential threats.
Such threats can lead to serious consequences like loss of private data, fraud transactions, identity theft, as well as complete loss of system.
Thus, you should be quick to remove Hacktool:win32/keygen from your operating system.
|Type||Trojan, Hack tools, software cracking tools and so on.|
|Description||The heuristic detection may indicate the presence of any malware which can lead to serious issues on the system, if not removed quickly.|
|Occurrence||Freeware downloads via unofficial websites, infected external devices, spam email attachments, software cracking tools, or other Trojan droppers.|
|Symptoms||Drained CPU performance, unknown processes running, strange browser activities, or anti-virus detecting some threats but not able to locate them.|
Run The Scan tool Now– To eliminate Hacktool:win32/keygen virus from your computer.
The Distribution campaign
Hacktool:win32/keygen often comes bundled with other unwanted program downloaded from third-party sites. Such program conceals additional free tools that can be any adware, browser hijacker or even some illegitimate tools like hacking or software tracking tools.
But as mentioned above, users may also choose to use such cracking or keygens to activate the license of the software and avail its full features without restrictions.
Other than that, any random click on compromised site may drop such threats on the system, without the consent of users. Such links can be present on online gaming platforms, fake streaming sites, spam email attachments as well as pirated movie downloads.
When it comes to spam email attachments, they are often distributed by spammers to trick users into installing any malware. However, the spam email containing the attachment or link appears to be a legitimate. If the user opens or download the malicious file, then it shows a fake document, that appears to be harmless. However, this is just to distract the users, while the Hacktool:win32/keygen gets installed on the system.
Hacktool:win32/keygen Attack Motives
Generally, the Hacktool:win32/keygen virus is used to activate the fake version of the Windows software and other products. The most used cracking tools are:
- AutoKMS detected as Hacktool:win32/autokms and
- KMSpico detected as Hacktool:win32/keygen
So, if you are getting such warnings, it may be because you are using a fake version of the software.
However, it is better to scan the system with reputable anti-malware program like SpyHunter or HitmanPro to detect and remove any unwanted program.
If somehow you have used the hacking tool, then you may get the following pop-up warning:
AutoKMS 18.104.22.168 Ran At.
Attempting To Activate Microsoft Office
Attempting to Activate OfficeProPlus-KMS_Client
Product activation successful
However, the presence of such malware can lead to various issues. As such hack tools can be used by cyber-criminals to execute malicious tasks on the target system, without the consent of users. Such as:
- establish communication to the hackers using command & control server;
- send and receive commands from the remote hacker and execute on the system;
- download and install other malware or its components;
- execute unknown program that run in the system’s background;
- steal sensitive data stored on the system.
Thus, the authors of Hacktool:win32/keygen can use this to gather various data including login credentials, online banking credentials, credit card information and other sensitive details so on. These information can be misused for various sorts of frauds, making false transaction, identity-related scams, steal personal information. Often times, the data can be sold to various forums to earn revenue.
These destructive threats raises various privacy issues as well as affects the performance of the system. The system is left exposed for online threats. Thus, you should quickly remove Hacktool:win32/keygen virus from your computer.
How to Remove Hacktool:win32/keygen
The removal process of Hacktool:win32/keygen is tough like any other virus. It can leave you puzzled as it does too many modifications to the system internal settings. This may take enough time and patience to do it manually. That even may not ensure you complete removal.
Thus, it is advised to scan the infected computer with reputable anti-malware program to detect and remove Hacktool:win32/keygen Virus.
“Windows OS: Use Anti-Malware To Scan And Remove Hacktool:win32/keygen (Recommended)”
SpyHunter is a giant among the security programs that use advanced threat detection technology to remove any sort of Adware/PUPs, Browser hijacker, Trojans, Rootkits, Fake system optimization tools, worms, and rootkits. It not only remove threats but provides rigorous 24/7 protection from any unsolicited programs, vulnerability or rootkits attacks.
Steps To Perform System Scan with SpyHunter
- Once the program is installed successfully, the SpyHunter 5 Anti-malware program will launch automatically. If it does not then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click on “Start” ? “Programs” ? Select “SpyHunter”.
- Now, To start the scan click on the “Home” tab and select “Start Scan Now” button. The program will now start scanning for Hacktool:win32/keygen and other associated programs.
- The scan will report will all the details of the result about Hacktool:win32/keygen along with system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found.
- Once you have found Hacktool:win32/keygen as shown in the screenshot below:
- To select an object for removal, just select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on “Next“. You can select or deselect any objects displayed in the “Malware,” “PUPs” or “Privacy” tabs. We have included a convenient “Select All” feature that will allow you to select or deselect all objects displayed in a specific tab. To utilize this feature, simply select the checkbox at the left in the specific tab (9).
- Once you have selected which objects you would like to remove, click the “Next” button.
If you want to know more about it, you are welcomed to check out the full review of SpyHunter 5.
How To Remove Hacktool:win32/keygen Manually From Windows OS
To Remove Hacktool:win32/keygen , follow these steps:
For our readers to understand, we have put our best possible solution that can help to remove this threat. But we suggest you to only try this if you are familiar with system configurations, registries keys and its subkeys values and also boot settings.
While performing the manual solution, be enough cautious and if you get confused at any point of time, them leave it and take the help of powerful anti-malware program to detect and remove the virus. This will not only ensure safe removal of Hacktool:win32/keygen but also restore default system settings.
Method 1: Remove Hacktool:win32/keygen Manually From Windows OS (Safe Mode)
For Windows XP and 7:
- Click on the “Start menu“, then on click the arrow next to “Shut Down.” Select Restart. (Just as you normally Restart your PC).
- Once the computer screen is powered on, immediately start tapping “F8” key till you see “Advanced Boot Options” screen. if you don’t enter to the boot screen, then restart the process again and press F8 while the PC is restarting.
- Here, you need to choose “Safe Mode with Networking“ option and press “enter” key to troubleshooting windows. As later on, you need to access the internet.
- And you will now see the login screen. Now log in with your Administrator Account.
NOTE: To get back to your normal windows configuration, you need to repeat steps 1-3 and select Start Windows Normally.
- For Windows 10: Click Start –> Power and then hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click Restart.
- For Windows 8/8.1: Press the “Windows key + C“, and then click “Settings“. Click “Power“, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and then click “Restart“.
- From here steps are same for Windows 10 and 8.
- Click “Troubleshoot”.
- Click Advanced options.
- Click Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- After your computer restarts, select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Enter your Administrative username and password to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
NOTE: To get back to normal Windows configuration you need to Click Start –> Power and then click Restart.
Kill Hacktool:win32/keygen Process From Task Manager
- Press “Window key+ R” and type “taskmgr”.
- Now once the task manager window opens, perform these steps:
- Under the process tab, check for the suspicious program like KMSpico.exe or AutoKMS.exe still running;
- If you find it, right click on the name and select “Open file location”;
- Then click on “End Task”;
- Now go to the file location window opened and select the program and delete that file.
Disable Hacktool:win32/keygen suspicious program from startup.
It is very important to remove Hacktool:win32/keygen program, from auto-launch when the system boots. As if not removed, then it will not allow you to remove the malicious programs completely from the infected system. And there is very much chances that it will again repair its files and be active on your system.
Disabling this will allow you to completely get rid of any unwanted program.
To Disable Auto-Startup For Hacktool:win32/keygen Program:
For Windows Xp and older version:
- Press “Windows key+R” that will open the run box. Within the search field type “msconfig” and hit enter that will launch “System Configuration” window.
- Next, click on the “Startup” tab to see the list of programs which are set to auto-launch with the computer boot.
- Now browse the list to locate the programs related to Hacktool:win32/keygen . To disable it, un-check the boxes next to the program names, you want to remove from start up. And choose “Disable All” click “Apply” and “OK.”
For Windows 8, 10 and newer versions:
This feature is available within the Task manager window. So open it and switch to “Start Up Tab.”
- Click on the Hacktool:win32/keygen or other harmful program, then click “Disable” button appearing at the bottom of the window.
Remove Hacktool:win32/keygen And Other Harmful Program From Computer
- In the taskbar, click on the “Search” icon. And Type “Apps And Features;”
- When the “Apps And Features” window opens, you can see the list of applications installed;
- Go through it carefully and search for apps that looks suspicious to you. If you don’t remember to install yourself;
- If you find such, click on it to expand; And click on “Uninstall”.
- Repeat for all such apps.
If the program does not allow you to remove it, or says the program is running in the background. Then you need to first finish the task from the task manager.
Remove Hacktool:win32/keygen using HitmanPro.Alert
HitmanPro.Alert is an advanced anti-malware program that takes on proactive approach towards threat behavior and its activities. Its cloud-based scanning technique is deeply scans the system to the possible locations where threats mostly resides.
Running HitmanPro.Alert on your computer will provide your real-time status, checks the browser integrity and alerts or any suspicious activity. So that you can have a safe browsing and online transactions. Read the full review of HitmanPro.Alert here.
Steps To Install And Run HitmanPro.Alert
- Click on the provided link to download HitmanPro.Alert anti-malware;
- Now, open the download folder to locate “hmpalert3”;
- Click on it, to begin the installation;
- It will ask your User Account control, if prompted click on “yes”; The download should begin shortly. HitmanPro.Alert window will appear, where you need to choose the options:
- Choose Protection level as Maximum
- And tick the other boxes and finally click on “Install”.
- HitmanPro.Alert only takes 5MB of your memory and is very quick to install.
- After the installation is complete, the scan will start. First scan may take up some minutes, as it will scan the whole computer.
- The scan results are here. Carefully look down the list. You can here, the scan has found 1 Riskware and thousands of traces which can be risky.
- You can select the threat to delete, quarantine, ignore or, mark as safe. If you want to remove all the threats, then simply click on the “Next” button below.
- HitmanPro.Alert first creates a restore point and then starts the removal process. This helps to recover from any damage.
So, now you are done, with the removal process with HitmanPro.Alert.
Method 2: Remove Hacktool:win32/keygen Virus Using System Restore Procedure. (Advanced option)
Another method is a manual way to get rid of Hacktool:win32/keygen which is through System Restore. If you don’t know much about this process, then read here. Click here to perform System Restore in Windows OS.
Safe Mode with Command Prompt (Follow the above steps and choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt option from boot setting.)
To Reboot your computer to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift, which is on your keyboard, and click Restart.
- Now select Troubleshoot –> Advanced options –> Startup Settings and finally press Restart.
- Once your computer becomes active, select “Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt” in Startup Settings window.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Click Start –> Restart –> OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing “F8″ multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Command Prompt from the list
To Restore your system to default settings as it was prior to the attack of Hacktool:win32/keygen Virus
- Once the Command Prompt window appears, type “cd restore” and press Enter.
- Now again type “rstrui.exe” and hit Enter button;
- It will show up a new window, now click on “Next”.
- Then, select your restore point that should be prior to the attack of Hacktool:win32/keygen threat or any other point you want. Click on “Next”.
- Now click on “Yes” to confirm the system restore.
Once the system restore to your selected date is done, then you need to restart your computer normally.
You should Download effective anti-virus program and scan your computer to ensure successful removal of any threat.
Best Practices To avoid Such Infections
- Keep a secure firewall for the system. This will help block any unwanted internet connections to your device.
- Do not open spam mail attachments from unknown sender. This is the common way through which malicious programs intrude inside. Thus, we should be cautious while getting mails from non-trusted sources.
- Keep the software program updates, so that it does not have any security patches.
- Be very cautious while downloading any freeware from third-party websites. Always download software programs from official websites. Thus avoiding any accidental download of Adware/PUPs.
- Do not use public wi-fi for online transactions, as they are not fully secure and can infect the device.
- Use a powerful anti-virus program that will keep track of the security.
By following the above tips, you can avoid viruses or unwanted programs entering on your computer. Hope this article is helpful to you.
Know how to remove hacktool:win32/keygen virus from your browser today. Follow complete guidelines for Hacktool Virus Removal today. Remove hacktool virus now.